Saturday, October 12, 2013

Here's to Autumn........

Hope everyone's weekend is going well!
I'm am loving the beautiful weather this fall so far, and this weekend , which seems like the first in a long while, I have one to myself, no one here to steal the covers, watch some horror movies, sleep in late and cook breakfast in my sport briefs!!!!! The power was out here all last night for some reason or other.... so I had a good night sleep, and was raring to go today! It was so beautiful with just a little chill, it felt right to go take a nice walk and check out the streets of Lambertville, the sister town to New Hope just across the Deleware River, and the area to see what fall has been bringing. I love to go somewhere and see where it leads..... And wouldn't you know right into one of my suitors, who joined me for a walk right after a visit to the Lambetville Hotel's Left Bank Libations.....
 
 
Nothing like their Expresso Martini on a chilly fall day... and the first of the season, and better than ever...
 
 
 
One has to have at least two! Topped and rimmed in nutmeg!!! And the bar itself...
 
 
 
Then it was off  for a walk for some fall sights.....
 
 
One of the many lovely homes of the town.
 
 
Not uncommon to see many gaslights around on shops and homes.
 
 
 
The iron bridge to New Hope.
 
 
One of my favorite dinning establishments...Lilly's on the Canal. Excellent food, friendly environ nice wine selection and every table has a view of the entirely opened kitchen which is located centrally in the place. Really cool to watch the chef.
 
Many of the homes were adorned with season décor....
 
 
 
 
 
 Saw this in one of the many cute antique shops. How about this cute, niffy little case , which opens to reveal  very elegant cordials glasses with decanters!!! It's already made my Christmas wish list!!!
 
 
On the way back home just up the road, the stunning black horses were all out dinning....
 
 
 
One of these days I'm going to put my riding garb on and ride one of these beauties.
 
It was a lovely day.
 

21 comments:

  1. The East does old world charm so much better than we do out west. Our whole town started in the 1940s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful area you live in! I like Philly, but it's hard to believe this is all next door! And that bar looks so romantic. Just how did the day end?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The perfect martini to ward off autumn's chill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very nice day that looks! You have a charming life Mistress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's something comforting and 'homey' about this post, which makes me love the fall all the more! I think those martini's and your town is calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bar looks so charming to be in, and aren't we looking handsome! A day or two free to potter about the town with nothing really in mind is a delicious luxury.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing....very handsome indeed!

      Delete
  7. Loved seeing all the bits and pieces of your exteriour Autumn world! New Hope and Lambertville are so interesting and can be quite romantic. I would love to come out there again and just mill about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10/13/2013

    Gas lights? Those are neat. We don't have those where I live.

    Sounds like you had a great day. That martini looks really scrumptious, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One more in a collection of wonderful days for you...
    Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been beautiful weather here, too.

    I must get out and about after I catch up with my blog reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You lured me in with a handsome man and martinis. Yes, I welcome a good stint of autumn myself

    ReplyDelete
  12. The perfect fall day too me! Those Expresso martini's look sooo good!Autumn is my favorite season, too, and it is in full swing finally, Fall means cooking anything pumpkin, concocting wonderful soups and dipping into the brandy when the nights are cool enough. I think I love all of the seasons for one reason or another, but I am always excited about the change in landscape, food and clothes when the next one is due to arrive...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great weekend sounds to me. You look sexy with that martini in hand! I just wonder how the night ended?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How the night ended? A pile of clothes on the floor is a safe bet.

      Delete
  14. Just what you need ...more bar supplies. But the window boxes are rather pretty aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is something about the slanting golden light of autumn that makes it such a magical time of year! When I lived in the states the northeast was always my favorite location. No where else could out do it's beauty. Sure the west is pretty, but the charm just isn't there like the north and south. Now, did someone say Expresso Martini's???

    ReplyDelete
  16. The horses are stunning! Reminds me of my uncle's horse farm their. Buck's County is like estate after horse estate, I swear! Love the snaps you took! You and horses in the same post? I'm keeping my lips sealed on this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. If someone is around next week, hint hint, we have made our mind to come to that area for a visit, just for the very reason....those martini's ! So much to see there. We have seriously been considering a move.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. This has been a treat for the eyes! In my town the best thing to see is the roadside country stand with their pumpkin display. Other than that nothing! I swear once I save up, Im moving to your area!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like fall till Halloween and the leaves are gone than this it! I love when you take us out with you on these outings I have been known to emerge periodically only for food and to restock on alcohol and wine once it's really cold..

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!