Sunday, November 4, 2012

Miracle.....It's A Miracle!

 
The Mistress is back at the Casa du Borghese and can say she came through the hurricane safe!!!! Thanks to all who sent text messages, especially to Joy who even managed to make me laugh, sent emails, which I just got tonight, and the phone calls who have the top secret number, and to all the lovely comments,it truly meant alot and I love you all for it. The storm was very scary on Monday, as the rain started and the winds got up to 90mph, right through the night and next morning. Power went out on Monday night around 9pm, and just came back on tonight, when I arrived home!!! I wasn't to come on till the weeks end! And it got cold fast. I even slept in three layer of clothes, which was hard for me, since I like sleeping au natural! For a time, I really didn't think my place was going to make it. But all made it, and glad it's over. I head back to work tomorrow after being out all last week, but I hear New Jersey is still quite a mess.
 
  When the power went out it was pretty much up to this...all over the Casa......
 
From Monday till Wednesday there wasn't much to do except...........
 
Photobucket
 
 
Tuesday after the haze wore off, I made my way to the outside to see some of the damages.....and there was plenty on my grounds here. It took a crane to remove the tree that hit our building. A 70 foot spruce. And you can really see the size of the tree compared to the tree trimmers. Yikes. It was scary as hell. When the tree fell on Monday night, it shook the whole building. It took a crane to remove part of it. The neighbors in the units beside me will have to vacate for two weeks as it made structural damages. Meanwhile, I packed up and headed to my ever faithful ancestral home till tonight, couldn't do another cold night at the Casa.
 
 
My thoughts on Governor Christie.....
 
 
While not a New Jersey resident, and being with the ex Boy-Toy of 12 years who was in politics, I saw and heard of all the backstabbing in politics that go on. When we split, quite frankly, I was so burnt out of it all, and both sides squabbing. Now up to this point, I was never a fan of the Jersey Governor, probably even made some wise cracks or 10 about him, but watching him and the President work together, side by side, with no aisle of R's or D's, was extremely refreshing. I was wishing this was more common place. And Christie was swift to take action and was quite astounding to watch as he is really getting results in New Jersey fast. I was proud of both of them. I wish I could say the same of the Pennsylvania Governor and the Bucks County Dilettantes,I mean GOP!!!

Now here I am sitting nervous again, and waiting with baited breath for Obama to win on Tuesday. And if Romney wins.....well, there is going to be alot more of this.....

Photobucket

.....and I'm talking to the Amy Winehouse proportions!!!!!

25 comments:

  1. Let's hope all politicians take notice of the reaction of people to the Obama/Christie working together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Co-operation gets things DONE! Partisan squabbling doesn't.

    I've got my fingers crossed for Obama to win too and hell, I'm not even American!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you mostly weathered the storm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I was getting so worried!!!!! I can't believe the damages you had, but at least you were able to get away. And if only was could have more bi-partisan acts like this! So glad your ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH! Glad to see your back and with some good news! I was starting to worry till you got my text! Love the Abby Lee picture, I see your still nuts! *now making mental note of the au natural tidbit*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Back Mistress, and now relieved! Even in the dark the Casa looks swank! Soory to see damage though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to have you back with quite the post! I was getting worried when you didnt text. Couldn't agree more on the Christie thing, I have a new found respect for the man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your back safe and sound and the Casa came through! I still can't believe what I see on the tube of the East Coast

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11/04/2012

    Glad to hear you're okay. I was worried about you since we hadn't seen you online in quite some time. Sorry to hear about the damage to the building, and I'm glad that thing didn't kill someone.

    Not only am I hoping for an Obama victory tomorrow night but I'm leaving work an hour early so I can watch TV when the west coast polls close at 8pm PST.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see your safe, and so glad this is over! I think Abby Lee has the right idea,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now does this mean I have to report to the Casa tomorrow? And have the houseboys been located yet? Meanwhile we got our power back tonight, with lights still flickering....

    ReplyDelete
  12. First off, so glad your fine and ok! I was starting to fret. Quite the pictures,and those trees, WOW! I must admit the whole scene of the hurricane and the Obama/Christie thing got to me and renewed some of my trust in politicians, a fine exsample of putting differences aside and just saying fuck both sides and working together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, you really had some damages, so glad to hear your fine and still had some cocktails. Now go sleep, and rest au natural Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how wonderful that your electricity is back on! Thanks for posting the pictures so we can see how it was there. I think Congress doesn't care how much we wish they would work together. I'm so tired of them, and the moderate ones who compromise are quitting. If it weren't so far away, I'd move to Australia. Both of their political parties are liberal. Anyway, so glad you're back with power!!! xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ditto to what Joy said about polictics!!!!!! The ones who do work together only get tossed out or quit, makes no sense. I can't imagine what it was like on the East Coast. And I say there is nothing like a good nights sleep in the nude. Is there any other way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I say there is nothing like a good nights sleep in the nude. Is there any other way? Yes- with a man next to you!!!!

      Delete
  16. And the Mistress surivied! We had it bad up here too, but not to the extent nj,pa and ny had! So happy to hear your fine and haven't loss that funny side! Amazing pictures. I sure hope that wasn't your car?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Peace at long last!!!! My little queen child is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad all is getting back to, well, um, normal, at the Casa. And i'm completely with you about ChriBama and politics.
    I'm ready for it to be over and for Obama to move us Forward.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad that big tree didn't come crashing right through the Casa -- that's not the type of wood you want in your home . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen so much wood in one post.

      Delete
  20. Oh Mistress, thank goodness to hear from you! It looks like a war zone here, like your pictures.Americans working with their fellow Americans for the greater good of our country. My opinion of Governor Christie during this crisis has GONE UP tremendously. And I am so very proud of our President Obama! These are the moments that should bring us together, and make us realize we're better when we work together

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad we are finally getting to hear from you. So glad you left and went home for part of this storm. Those trees are amazing, ripped up like paper. And Proof positive that Obama is capable of working effectively with Republicans.

    That alone makes him worthy -- even preferable -- of election to the White House for another 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It was a hellish storm to go through and we didnt even have it anywhere as bad as you!!!! Im so glad you came through in tact!

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, thats increidible...at least your safe!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!