Tuesday, July 26, 2022

SOAKING IT IN


This vacation happened just in time. It was long overdue after what seemed like years of the pandemic. While I had escaped to P-town during the pandemic, and it was nice, it was just way to quiet. So, it was nice to see Provincetown back into its packed glory again, with regular debauchery and shenanigans. It' just wouldn't be summer without a visit to this little lovely spigot of land with his campy residents, fun filled tea dances, its fabulous drag queens and all the award-winning fudge shops. The Dick Dock was even swinging. Or so I saw heard. My self and the Lad were present along with two others of the clan, for a great trip. Pearly even caught up with us when not working. His new place is so adorable. While it was nice to hit the town and bars most nights, with starting a new job shortly, I really wanted this trip to be more relaxing in the day...and it was. I took my morning coffee in the courtyard of the Gaslight Inn, hit Herring Cove Beach several times from morning till night, and I always enjoy and recommend the whale watch. If it is drag you fancy, then by damned, this is the town for you. I swear every queen, their drag mother and daughter have a show or residency here this summer. But while some drag race queens are there for the summer like Jinx, Mix Cracker, Tina Burner, Ginger Minj, Latrice and Tammie Brown,it the tried-and-true legends you'll see here. Dina Martina, Miss Richfield, Thirsty Burlington, Varla Jean Merman, Edie, who hasn't had a residency there in 20 years or more and is amazing, Randy Roberts, Jackie Beat...and one has to check out Pearl and the girls' at the Illusions Drag Show at the Crown and Anchor. I can definitely see myself retiring at a shore point one day. Just something so much alive, but yet relaxing, and rejuvenating about being by the ocean. I always feel so damn relaxed when I get back and my skin feels so nice and soft while there also. It's either the sand and sea, or the gin, I'm not sure which. Now it is ll about getting myself centered to start a new job next week, and get caught up with blogs, I feel like I have been gone forever, and I have to get laundry done. You know how long that will take with all those square cuts???
Beach cakes!
You knew I find a nice spot to lay au natural. Technically not a nude beach, but we found a nice, secluded spot.
The whale watch is always a must with me. I mean how close can, and will you ever get to these intelligent and majestic creatures? For their size it is truly amazing to watch them swim and breach three and four right in synch together. Some pods of whales were even sprinkled with schools of dolphins. I wondered if maybe my tuna and mackerel scented cologne, Diving Buddy, was attracting them???
On the last night we were having dinner and drinks at the Red Inn, and the view and sky couldn't have been more stunning for out next day send off. One highlight of the trip was seeing Kasha Davis, Raja and Milk at the Boat Slip for tea dance our first weekend. We rolled into town during Bear Week and left in Family Week. Family as in Queens!!! 

More of the trip later...time to get the sand out of the cracks.
Who's helping???

53 comments:

  1. Whales? You saw whales? Was Ginni Thomas swimming with them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a tik toker getting rich by selling her farts in a jar. Maybe the sand you remove from your butt crack can be a best seller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know whether to laugh or cry?

      Delete
  3. I never have been to Provincetown, but after seeing this, I want very much to go. Will there be beach cakes like that for me to try? 😘 It would be cool to see whale so close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnificent pictures! I too have never been, but if it's anything like Martha's Vineyard, I'm there. And it has the added bonus of gay men. But your going to be getting sand out of that lovely asset for at least a week. Tee Hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture from the Red Inn deck is incredible!!!! I love P-town, but always spend a ton of time at Herring Cove! Views of boats, ferries, and the occasional seal. A bit rocky at low tide. But it's nice and not crowded. Your pictures have me wanting to plan a trip there now.

    Nice CAKES! You are incorrigible Mistress. I LOVE Kasha Davis too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The town already seemed a little less sparkly after you left. And glad you got to enjoy more time at Herring Cove.The cove beach is a bay beach so not so many shark warnings, clean water and nice waves. There are clean bathrooms, change rooms and showers. So I hope you didn't seduce to many.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But a better question is, did the Mistress and his ass leave the town dry???

      Delete
  7. Anonymous7/26/2022

    The photos are beautiful. Glad you had a great time. And may I say that I am loving the sneak peek of feet and butt! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you when posting them sweet cheeks.

      Delete
  8. New job?? Also, I wonder whether the whales intentionally put on a show for the weird two-footed monkeys staring at them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lurker. I will miss the flower shop....but my friend understands I needed the benefits and higher pay. Hopefully this will be my last job...but years till retirement yet.

      Delete
  9. I’d offer to help with the cracks, but I’m sure there’s no room left for me. Great photos as always. Makes me seriously miss P’Town. Looking forward to hearing about the new job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd be fun in Ptown Mitchell

      Delete
  10. Your pictures as usual tell the story and vibe perfectly.....but your succulent beach cakes steal the show. Yes....I'll help you with the laundry. Who likes to wait while doing nothing?? Welcome back.

    Oh the Dick Dock. Did they have a welcome home party for you???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I especially like the soft sand they got in for my knees.

      Delete
  11. Anonymous7/27/2022

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    I’m glad you had the time to unwind and enjoy yourself. What a magical place to spend some time in. The pictures are amazing. Good luck as you start tre new job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should be a very flexible and fun job...right up my alley...and standing, and not on my back!!! You'd love Ptown Huntley.

      Delete
  12. My word... you have beautiful feet, my dear. And the nude sun bathing! Surely you put all those old queens in a tizzy! Glad you had a lovely, relaxing time and thank you for the bounty of photos. Such a talent! Glad you are back, dear. Missed you. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has beautiful everything, from what I've seen.

      Delete
    2. Oh Upton....you know Im a stickler on my feet and hands. I try to take good care of them.

      Delete
  13. Oh, now you've gone and riled up the feet enthusiasts AND the nature lovers. One cannot leave you alone for one second!
    Love the pics, love the vibe and can't wait for you to come back and tell us all about the trip!

    XOXO

    P.S. totes jelly you got to hang out with Raja!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I get you riled cutie? Was it the feet ass or Raja?

      Delete
  14. Glad you had a wonderful time! What is the new job? Will you be moving again? Questions, questions, questions....
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No more moving just yet. Thank heavens. I can't take any more upheaval like that so soon. I'm the new Visual Showroom Coordinator from a higher end furniture showroom...covering three locations.

      Delete
  15. Cake!

    Also, very nice photos. I'd love to check it out one of these days but I hate flying.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You got some wonderful whale watching shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and rare one would love a whale watch. You two would love this town Debs.

      Delete
  17. My eyes are having a hard time focusing on the red on black print today, so I'll just enjoy the pix. Seeing any part of your body is always a treat, Mads, but you know I love your legs best! I love ALL the tail pix, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're in agreement. I love my legs best too Deedles!!!! It the wearing of the heels and all the walking running I do.

      Delete
    2. The Mistress does have rather a few nice eye treats, doesn't he? Do you blush too Deedles?

      Delete
    3. Ms Agnes, I rarely blush these days and it's usually because I put one or both of these size elevens in my mouth (I'm talking feet, people!). Pictures don't do it but if I ever met anyone in person, I'd blush hard and get tangle tongued.

      Delete
    4. I think Deedles is right, I think she barely blushes Agnes. Probably takes a lot to shock Deedles. Am I right? And for some reason I want to give you a big hug Duchess!!!! And a sloppy kiss.

      Delete
  18. The Return of the Shag-Monster! I imagine your jaws are aching after a fortnight's dick-docking, dear.

    Can't wait to hear more salacious tales - and more about the new job, too...

    Clink, clink, sweetie! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully this can be my last job...and I won't be shown the door anymore like Joan Crawford shown out by Louie B Mayer and informed my dressing room has been packed and a car waiting.

      Delete
    2. "Box office poison?" You? Never!! Jx

      Delete
  19. Your just back and have me blushing already!!!!! Your so bad.

    Your post of P-town always brings back memories of when William and I went to P-town years ago. We always visited Herron Cove Beach, and it wasn't that crowded and always found a spot easily. But we did encounter a couple of people nude sunbathing in little nooks! If I recall, there were smooth rocks as you enter the ocean rather and shells—comfortable to walk across rather than sharp. The water was clear and calm. Beautiful beach and water! I enjoyed your pictures. I'm currently in Slaughter Beach for a few weeks myself.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Having never been, the whale watch would be worth the whole trip alone. Wonderful whales, looks like an awesome trip. Love the bird houses on the side of that building.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay. We want to live there too. Maybe we can be neighbors.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell, I will be your houseboy!!!! Just to live there!

      Delete
  22. How wonderful to see whales! I hope you didn't burn your buns.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No burnt buns dear, but a nice golden brown!!!! Finger Lickin Good kitty cat!

      Delete
  23. The closest I've been to whales was on the ferry from Vancouver Island, when a pod of orcas swam beside us for miles, the sun glinting on the water and the orcas. And that was 51 years ago and a sight I'll never forget

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a rather magical and privileged feeling I think, to be able to see them so close. I have not forgot a whale watch yet. Your right, we won't forget them.

      Delete
  24. You're making me miss the beach 🏖️

    We'll most likely miss it this year, a newborn with a minimum three hour car ride doesn't sound fun

    ReplyDelete
  25. Whales! Oh, I'd love to go on a whale watching boat cruise! How fortunate you were to see such sights and get such amazing photos.

    Speaking of - the view from the Red Inn is rather spectacular, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!