Monday, June 17, 2019

MONDAY MOMENTS

"When all Americans are treated as equal, no matter who they are or whom they love, we are all more free."--Barack Obama
"Openness may not completely disarm prejudice, but it's a good place to start."--Jason Collins
"The only queer people are those who don't love anybody."--Rita Mae Brown

"This world would be a whole lot better if we just made an effort to be less horrible to one another."--Ellen Page

"Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?"--Author Ernest J. Gaines

"I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole."--Morgan Freeman

"It takes some intelligence and insight to figure out you're gay and then a tremendous amount of balls to live it and live it proudly."--Jason Bateman

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."--Harvey Fierstein

"All of us who are openly gay are living and writing the history of our movement. We are no more - and no less - heroic than the suffragists and abolitionists of the 19th century; and the labor organizers, Freedom Riders, Stonewall demonstrators, and environmentalists of the 20th century. We are ordinary people, living our lives, and trying as civil-rights activist Dorothy Cotton said, to 'fix what ain't right' in our society."--Senator Tammy Baldwin
Let's keep the fires burning bright....always!

Hope everyone had a great Monday!!!

26 comments:

  1. "You touch my Skittles, you die!" -
    Deedles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel this comment doesn't have enough gravitas.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic quotes. Going to end up using the Ellen Page one somewhere eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loves the Morgan Freeman one!
    And all the quotes and loverly
    pictures. xoxoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I really don't care with whom you sleep. I just care what kind of a decent human being you are." - Betty White

    "No-one has the right to deny another their life, even though they disagree with it, because everyone has the right to live the life they so desire if it doesn't harm another and because discrimination has no place in America, my vote will be for equality..." - Brad Pitt

    "I am never offended when I see the drag queens dressed up like me." - Cher

    Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear for adding in!!!!

      Cheers!

      Delete
  5. Love everything but the ice cream cone... but then I've always been a bit of sundae kind of guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all the rainbows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. RAINBOW PRIDE! that ice cream cone looks VERY tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A powerful message with great pictures that make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?"

    Yep!!!!!!! Something is serious wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  10. “Heterosexuality is not normal, it's just common.”
    ― Dorothy Parker

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the straws!!! Great quotes too, power and meaningful.

    “My first words, as I was being born, I looked up at my mother and said, 'that's the last time I'm going up one of those.”


    ReplyDelete
  12. ANd that my dears, is the definition of pride: born not OUT of pride but from the right to exist without persecution. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    This is awesome, Maddie ๐Ÿ˜

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous6/17/2019

    Such inspiring quotes. Thanks for sharing those!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great posting, so many great reminders of why Pride.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many quotes, so many allies. And yet we still have to fight. Where is the justice in that?

    ReplyDelete
  16. What great, inspiring, empowering quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this post although I hate "labels" on anyone. Our differences are just that but we are all humans. Surely that's enough for us to get along with each other.

    I am proud to be a kind and caring human. It matters not what you wear, eat or make love to. I try to be kind and non judgmental. I don't always succeed. Some people make it a challenge!

    I went to a gay pride celebration last weekend and the zebra crossings on the road had been painted in pride colours. How fabulous is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have loved to seen that!!!!!

      Delete
  18. Beautiful post! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry I'm a day late, but I just want to say I particularly like the fourth one.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!