Thursday, December 12, 2013

A CUP OF CHEER



Every year when friends or men suitors are visiting the Casa du Borghese during the holiday season, I always get a lot of compliments on the egg nog that I serve.  Do you need some holiday cheer? Need that extra lift to fight the crowds with a smile for holiday shopping? How about loosen up the stuffy bitches at works, or just putting everybody in a good mood at the office party? Wanna seduce that hunky neighbor.......

 
or perhaps turn that boring party into some fun? Well this egg nog will do the trick.....
 
 
Well fear not dear ones, I'm here to share my recipe!!!!!
 
Mistress Borghese's Egg Nog
 
6 EGG YOLKS
1 CUP GRANULATED SUGAR
2 PINTS COGNAC
1 CUP LIGHT RUM
2 QTS LIGHT CREAM
6 EGG WHITES
1/2 10X SUGAR
 
IN A LARGE SWANK BOWL BEAT AND I MEAN BEAT, WE KNOW YOU LIKE TO, YOLKS TILL NICE AND THICK, THEN ADD GRANULATED SUGAR BEATING AND BEATING TILL LIGHT.
 
SLOWLY STIR IN RUM AND COGNAC. FEEL FREE TO SAMPLE MULTIPLE TIMES TO MAKE SURE THE HOOCH IS FRESH.
 
ADD 1 1/2 QTS CREAM AND 1/2 THE EGG WHITES AND BEAT UNTIL WILL COMBINED. I TOLD YOU THERE WOULD BE LOTS OF BEATING.
 
FINALLY BEAT,( OK, MY HAND IS GETTING TIRED, SOMEONE TAKE OVER) REMAINING EGG WHITES TILL FOAMY AND GRADUALLY ADD IN THE 10X SUGAR BEATING AFTER EACH ADDITION. FINALLY GRATE SOME FRESH NUTMEG OVER EACH CUP FOR YOUR GUEST.
 
ohhhhhh and would you look here, a batch is already made.......
 
 
You can then serve with some Pizzelle cookies, Sand Tarts, more on that coming soon, or some homemade almond brittle. And I swear it will bring smiles. Last time I served it to my cute neighbor we ended up examining the new flannel sheets on my bed!!!!
Tootles!

27 comments:

  1. You? Tired on beating? Never!!!!! Sound good though. The egg nog I meant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could i stop by your living room and get drunk with you some night (because i have no life lately!) when you are free? i could use a good cock-tail! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe it sounds like a cup of liquid seduction!!!!

      Delete
  3. I find myself with empty glasses of egg nog a lot this time of year (BURP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would it trouble you hon, to send a couple vats of the stuff over?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so trying this! Sounds so good. Course I may need to see just how well you beat it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that didn't take long.............

      Delete
  6. Mistress, why that sounds just delish!!!!!! Of course William and I will be passed out, but were not going anywhere. I will be trying this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. boozalicious? 2 pints of cognac, no wonder he got the neighbor in the flannel sheets!!!!!

      Delete
  8. I've tried it and it is so good in here to tell you. Perfect for office parties, not like anyone will remember anything after a glass or three.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always wanted a good stiff recipe for egg nog, haven't had it in years. So so good. Now rest your hand dear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Hubby loves eggnog... me , not so much. I'll have to whip up a batch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm lazy; I get it by the gallon at the state store. no beating necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Damn. Now I have to go out and buy a "large swank bowl."

    Hopefully the Smallville Swank Store is open today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12/13/2013

    That sounds so good, but I'd have to drink all of that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now your talking! I could use a cup of that right now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So what the problem with all the beating? I do believe I need to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now a glass of that today would taste great with all that cognac on this cold day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Will you need help beating it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum! I should make this for the uptight ladies at work. It sounds so good and they could afford to loosen up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, and if I remember your cup of cheer, I never made it home either. It is so good!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can we get a video of the beating action? It might be nice to see how you do it.it sound nice and creamy.......

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your recipe better! Love the photos to tell the stories! Your crazy! That picture of yours looks like a lot of nog!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Boy if you beat it this much and hard, you must be real good at hand jobs then!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This sounds amazing! I may have to try and make this for after one our Philly orchestra concerts.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!