Saturday, December 18, 2010

I Love Decking the Halls



Well my little loves, I think the Mistress is pretty much ready for the holidays to set in! Since the tree went up a week and a half ago, Buster Bolfig Borghese seems to really enjoy being around it! And the amazing part was, all the light worked this year! Now after a few cock-a-tails they can be pesty little suckers to get on the tree! But I though I'd share some photos of my favorite ornaments with y'all. The Mistress's friends refer to the tree as the red light district tree, since I have mostly red lights on it, with a few white. Tons of different shades and sizes of red balls and then some vintage items that were my Grandmothers. Some of which are birds, which I use quite a few. I love birds, which from this picture of the Mistress with socialite friend Vera Charles, taken a couple New Years eves ago, is evident!!!!


A newest edition this year- a little nest and a quail. Love it.


A cardinal in a bird cage.


A peasant and a blue teardrop final.


The next two were both my grandmothers birds and I cherish those.



This cute cornet with a jester face was my grandmothers also. He is very cheery.


This church was hers as well. And it's very fragile these days.


This snowman was adorable and I picked him up at Urban Outfitters would you believe, a few years ago.



And this Russian temple was brought back from Russia when a good friend went their for three months. Why it's close to almost 20 year old now! Where does the time go????


A small tree in the kitchen, no room is safe around here without a tree!


Even in the boudoir, I even add a few touches of the holidays. A small tree which I love! It lets me have the colored lights here.And my antique compote filled with balls! Nice and simple.




Sometimes when the house is quite I could just sit in the dark and just stare at the tree for a good long time. I'll share more decorating I did soon! I got very creative with my apothecary jars this year, which I think Frogy will love. Tootles!

19 comments:

  1. Absolutely love! Mine are in storage right now :-( We moved out some furniture for the 22 person Thanksgiving and decided to leave them moved until we do the hardwood floors this spring. We have to do the furniture moving and I can only task my boys so much! So I will look forward to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so charming!
    ...the tiny cage is so cuuute!!
    I can almost hear the Christmas carols in the background! Falalalala-lala~~~

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and tasteful! I didn't do diddly this year- no tree, no balls, no spirit! Just can't get in the mood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! My tree ends up looking...well, let's just say, I dated a guy once who was so embarrassed by it he said if we were to get a place together my tree would need to be in the BACK ROOM! Can you imagine?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree and decorations are gorgeous! When I was a kid, we had bird ornaments with feathery tails like your grandma's. They're long gone now though. But I do now have a new peacock ornament with a beautiful, long, real peacock feather tail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12/18/2010

    Oh, my little love! How coincidental that you are in the "Auntie Mame" spirit. I put that movie on last night and enjoyed all the one-liners. Besides that movie, "A Christmas Story" (starring 'Messy Marvin'), is my favorite.

    Your Christmas tree looks fantastic with all the red and white lights. The 'red light district'? Hmmmm...okay, I get that.

    As we lead up to the week of the grande high-poobah of holly-daze, I hope you have a wonderful time, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mistress. Your tree is my favorite of these inspirational photographs! Love the birds in the tree and your hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fresh ideas and want to incorporate the little trees somewhere in my room. Thanks for getting me started on my holiday decorating even if it’s only in my head!And one week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the tree!!! But the reality is, the naughty four-legged elves I live with would have those birds shredded in no time! I can dream tho…. It doesn't suprise me that you use red lights...how fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post and style Mistress! I put up 7 trees and have a theme on each of them. I’ve been trying to come up with another idea for this yr. Thanks for posting!

    lucy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the mix of rustic and chic! This makes me want to decorate every room….I’ll have to restrain myself! I always look forward to your christmas post! Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mistress, I love the unexpected little touches that you have shown, like the bird nest! I would love to see the tree in person to see all the little surprises you have in their. A tree in the bedroom is a lovely idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ttI love to add touches of Christmas all around the house, plus it is always a reason to buy an extra Christmas decoration or too! And I too love the all red theme, how racy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your balls all over the place! Stuning,lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, how beautiful Mistress! Well you got me too thinking, I’m doing a tree in the master bedroom this next year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My goodness gracious you got some talent girl! My place looks like a Charlie Brown Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful place Mistress! I just want to curl up in my pajamas in front of that tree. your place always looks soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know how I missed the fabu picture of you, but it is gorgrous! Is that doves in the wig?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice! Love the red, but then again it's my favorite color. I love your balls!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!