Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas with Dame Cortney



My close girlfriend and hostess with the mostess, The Dame Cortney has done it again this year. Her and her handsome husband, known as the Capital Street Duo have participated in Harrisburg's Holiday House and Garden Tour and have won the prize for the second time!!! Congratulations girl! This comes as no surprise to me, since the Dame has a talent for the fine things and a very creative mind! I love to visit her abode because you never know what to expect or see, or drink for that matter!!!! Everywhere you look their is a little surprise waiting. How many people have a giant cock on top of the frig? A stuff roaster that is!!!! The Dame works for a very busy floral company in Hershey and is very talented with the stems, and also wheels and deals with her own vintage holiday decorations side business. If your looking for old vintage holiday decorations for any holiday, she is your to go person in Harrisburg. For that matter, anything that is really vintage or antique. She runs her business out of the Old Sled Works that I posted about before. But enough of this squawking- lets just have a look- see at the town house shall we?







The stunning, beautiful mantle with angel fairy figure.



Yes, your eyes don't decieve, the Dame has a whole sleigh in the livingroom! And above is her vintage shoe collection. She also has two peacocks, but they aren't visible on the sleigh in this picture.





I see Berdorf Goodman windows in her future!

23 comments:

  1. WOW! Now that is something! The whole place reminds me of store windows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love all the snow and snow flakes! Where the hell do she store it all! Very christmas-y

    ReplyDelete
  3. LORD! How long does it all take? Very detailed! You two need to start a bussiness! She is fond of balls to I see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now THAT is over the top! Brava, Dame Cortney!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12/22/2010

    Oh, my GOD! A sleigh in the living room!? Let me tell you something, Hubz is into Christmas on a level like I've never seen anyone before. If we pass through Harrisburg, I swear he'll buy the entire store inventory!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dame courtney certainly get into the christmas spirit! I would love too see it in person! Just so pretty! She got talent alright!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How stunning! I see some items there from when I was a little belle of the ball. Very vintage indeed! And lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am thoroughly enjoying your blog, Mistress! I've been reading it everyday. I was thrilled to see how you are decorating for Christmas and now enjoyed your friends place too. You two are such a wonderful inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is the Christmas spirit! You both have such festive places for the season! I love the multi-candle light decoration on the sideboard! It's almost magical like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It know wonderful she won with a display like that! How long does it all take! Really beautiful and I bet kids would love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Dame doesn't get into Christmas much huh! I love the white peacock feathers. I would love to see the place off-holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that house. What an amazing place to live and drink. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. now thats a christas display and spirit if I ever did see one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous...adore the shoe collection!
    xo*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow.
    Just wow.


    Marry Christmas, to you and the Boy-Toy, Maddie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Merry Christmas Beautiful.
    Tug

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now that is decoration! Thanks for the wonderful recap Maddie.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it! It's so nice to see when someone braces the old fashioned Christmas! Isn't that the best kind! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. There is so much detail there! And I agree with you Mistress. The Dame has a calling at Berdorfs! I love the big tree with all the color!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How the hell did they get the sleigh in there? It is beautiful, but how long does it take to get all down?

    ReplyDelete
  21. How magicial!!!!! I just adore this place, when can I come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mistress, it looks like a drag queens christmas house come to life! I love it, and the spirit! She has some talent!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!