Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Grande Dame of the Week



Acid Betty--"the fiercest hybrid drag queen in New York"--is unmistakable for her big hair, bigger outfits, and large presence as she takes the stage of every queeny event in town. Acid Betty was born in the clubs of New York City! Her best friend at the time was a hairstylist, and we wanted to go out dressed up like freaks. It was a weekly challenge to try and make bigger hair, stranger makeup and more absurd outfits. But it was when people stopped believing my name was the same as my boy name, that's when Acid Betty stepped in and took over, and Acid Betty started a whole new genre of drag! She is pretty damn fierce in my book! Acid Betty can currently be seen on The Queens of Drag NYC on gay.com.





11 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/26/2010

    Oh, she is a delightful fright, and just in time for All Hallow's Eve.

    (BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA...! *Vincent Price 'Thriller' laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Acid Betty is gorgeous!!! Thank you for running this post on her. I never heard of her. And it was your birthday? I hope it was very good! Happy Birthday dear Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that this one doesn't seem to be another off-the-rack club kid. And anyone who respects Quentin Crisp obviously has a good head on her shoulders--and great hair on her head!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, really loved it. Wanted to know more about her. And btw-Happy Birthday! Did I miss it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This queen just proves my point right there! Mistress, it takes a fairy! Original, creative, first-rate execution. Two snaps up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! TALK ABOUT INCREDIBLE HAIR! Now she is creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to be Acid Betty for Halloween. Fiercest. She is so way out there! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Acid Betty Forever. That make-up has to be some of the best most creative I've seen! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, she is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!