Friday, September 25, 2026

THE HAT

 So in the meantime, we all know summer has ended, which is by far my favorite season. I mean, warm weather, sunny skies, summer gardens, sand, sea, half naked men, white jeans and short shorts....and THE HATS! Here at the Casa du Borghese, the houseboys and I love us a good hat!


And the Mistress loves a good huge hat, set of high heels, white jeans and cock-a-tail of course!

I too swear to be back to regular programing, or you can horse whip me. Ohhhhhh.
Now as is tradition as it is every year...the summertime sadness.

20 comments:

  1. Hats off to you and your houseboys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone looks good in just a hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good hat is ALWAYS a good accessory.
    Well, an a good pair of pleasers. And you are rocking those!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just glad to see you back to regular posting My Dear Mistress

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep. The end of Summer is always sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hats! I have that first one (or one like it) in six different colors. I've given some away to people who actually have necks. I look like some kind of Muppet when I where one. A neck is important and you have a very nice one, Mads, along with your other assets. I.m personally looking forward to the melancholy of autumn. Fall and Spring are my favorite seasons. Oh, and welcome back! Missed you much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just KNOW you look good in hats!!!! I will love autumn once closer to Halloween.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Maddie. I look ok wearing a Gatsby style linen cloche hat (so I've been told) but big brims and my neckless head just don't mesh well.

      Delete
  7. It's allegedly Fall, but we still have summer weather here for the foreseeable future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks heavens right? Our temps stay pretty tolerablely warm with auntumnal temps.

      Delete
  8. I love the hats! However do you walk in the stilettos?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe you're still wearing white after Labour Day, Maddie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to have you(r) back. It’s wonderful how a hat can dress up any look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had my hair cut yesterday...not sure now whether I need a wig or a hat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE hats, but I so seldom see a man wearing a hat, other than a ball cap (my son wears the backwards ball caps and I'm not criticizing him; that's his thing and a lot of men do it but I get tired of it). A man with nothing but a hat is a glorious creature, but honey, you surely do look good in your white jeans. I cannot rock a pair of stilettos the way you do because I would break my ankle and I'm too old to break more of my bones. I have some great hats. A couple of them were Mother's and she actually made them. X traveled all the time for work and he got me a beautiful red hat. I'm not sure which country it came from but it might have been Belgium. Now I feel like putting some vinyl on the record player and dancing around wearing nothing but my red hat! I think I'll drink a margarita while I do that. Somebody send me a good man.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back. The one man is a farmer, he is out-standing in his field. Post regularly, or I will pack my riding crop in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think today should be a "Say Something Hat" day, don't you? Jx

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!