Friday, August 7, 2026

GAY PRIDE

 This week two stories tickled me.


You might have heard the name. A congressional  primary on Long Island probably isn't the kind of story that usually goes viral, but this one, I have been watching. Chris Gallant has just won in a huge margin the democratic primary in New Yorks 1st congressional  district, and again not endorsed by dem leadership....  and will now face its republican incumbent  Nick LaLota in November. Gallant is wildly popular...a black hawk pilot, Army National Guard veteran,former air traffic controller, a union leader and a volunteer fire fighter.  He also happens to be gay and engaged to his very handsome fellow soldier.

What makes the story interesting isn't that hes running as a LGBTQ candidate. It's that much of the coverage barely centers on that at all. Instead the focus has been on his experience  and military  and public service and his attempt of flipping a longstanding red seat to blue. For many LGBT that's a sign of how much things have changed. There was a time when this would have been unthinkable. It's just a good person running..as it should be, and thats a milestone worth nothing.

And then in other news...

 Drag queens aren't staying silent after that wacko Rep Nancy " Crazy" Mace put their faces on display during an anti- drag congressional hearing in July. After Mace used photos of drag queens Kandy Muse and Willam to push anti- drag rhetoric, claiming it's not natural for men to dress as women, and that drag sexualizes childern, and confuses them. Needless to say Kandy Muse and Willam were not happy, along with Joey Jay...and jokingly but also with some seriousness...said if Mace doesn't stop the with the rhetoric and using of their images for negative use...they will take legal action...with Muse asking Can I sue?  While I'm not the biggest fan of Muse...I'd loved to see her and Willam put this bitch in her place. I'm guessing Kandy Muse and these queens would make mince meat of Mace.  I'd get tickets to that. 

27 comments:

  1. The former military politicians, on the whole seem very sensible, a a few Repugnant exceptions. As for drag, it 's been going on for centuries and why not? Women have dressed as men, one of the most famous being Gentleman Jack, aka Anne Lister, in the first half of the 19th century.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently Mace never saw an episode of Upstart Crow! lol!

      Delete
  2. Correct me if I'm wrong(but I'm not), men AND young boys played and dressed in all the women's roles during Shakespeare's lifetime. Mace needs a good mace in the face and sent back under the rock and sludge from where she crawled. What a deplorable bitch...and not in the good way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll send her a link to my blog....I've featured much drag history and queens from far back....and she might even get turned on in the Candy Shop....wouldn't hurt either!!!!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad that Chris Gallant is being judged on the content of his character and not his sexuality. Now if only voters would stop judging a candidate's abilities, qualifications or experience on their gender, skin colour or religion, Martin Luther King's vision for America would be on its way to fruition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And how sad that why are still there so many years after his death....and still can't overcome differences??? But your right...moving in the right direction at least.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous8/07/2026

    Gallant is the golden ticket that is exactly needed for the Democratic Party.
    To hell with the castrated and worthless establishment Dems, Gallant is more of a man than all of them put together.
    Mace and others of her ilkkk need to know the gay ain’t goin’ away !
    -Rj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. The currents Dems are going to have to put up or shut up when the new blood hits and comes in. Many are already delivering in their own cities. We the People deserve better. Why many are "settling" for is beyond me.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous8/07/2026

    If Gallant was running in my district I would vote for him.
    As the Republicans pull from the right into fascism, establishment Democrats are becoming more right wing like the Republicans of the Red Scare 1950’s.
    As for Mace, she should look at the history of theater when men played female roles, as is tradition of the Kabuki theater in Japan. Many of those actors achieved national fame and wealth, and a few lived as gay men.
    Pan in Wynnewood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more with your comment. Nothing wrong with being center...as long as they can get things done and passed. And work together. I share qualities of both parties, but lean more left then right most days. The problem is the parties have become extreme right and left and that won't work.

      Delete
  6. Nancy Mace is a Famewhore. She loves attention.
    Hope Willam sues her. Ugh Kandy Muse.
    And that’s a great candidate.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes henny!!! I'm betting Kandy Muse could take down Mace.....i wouldn't stir that hornet nest gurl..

    YAS for Chris!!! Emppwerment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I would not want to get into it with Kandy or Willam. They will bend that bitch like a piece of Play-Do.

      Delete
  8. What a good news post!!!! Don't people know by now you trifle with a drag queen????

    And the Chris Gallant story is so inspirising...I will keep my eye on that race. And I agree...look at the person...color, religion and sexual orientation shouldn't matter. I wish him luck...and bring some positive change. Thanks for bringing him to my attention..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gallant will win because so he epitomizes what many fence sitting voters think of as heterosexuality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many will vote for him not even knowing. Although sexuality shouldn't matter.

      Delete
  10. I posted about Gallant last year when he was thinking of running. Good on him and hopefully he'll get the big win in November.
    Good news is that in January Nancy Mace and her ignorance will no longer hold public office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I recall that and it might be where I heard the name first. There will be a party in the south when that bitch leaves. A major cotillion worthy of the Wiles's 12 Oaks I dare say.

      Delete
  11. What a remarkable transformation in politics that candidates sexuality or identity is no a roadblock to being elected. I hope Gallant wins!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd vote for Chris. Even if they are likely to lose, they should sue. A respectable journalist needs to sue HeWhoShallNotBeNamed for slander, he is immune, the case will be tossed out, but the things he says should not go unnoticed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. More power to all three of them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We need more good people from both parties winning. That's the only way things get fixed. My fatigue is fatigued over the extremists in both parties.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It’s fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!! Both stories! And I hope Kandy mops the floor with that Nancy Mace!

    ReplyDelete
  16. New blood, great role model, Fantastic!! Refreshing to read from here. It's beyond me why the voters in the US can't move on and vote for newer candidates. It's no wonder things don't seem to change there, when people are in office why past their expiration dates. Here we loved Jacinda Arden...but even she knew when to go as good as she was. Burn out occurs and they get in effective otherwise...hence look at the US.

    ReplyDelete
  17. He sounds good. Let's just hope he's not going to be another Centrist Democratic.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks to people like Chris Gallant and smart drag queens for pushing us forward whether haters like Mace like it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Leave personal insults in the rubbish bin at the voting table...just do your bit to get a decent man over the line on voting day.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!