Thursday, August 13, 2026

FRIENDS WITH BENEDICTS

 

So... when I discover a place I enjoy, I love sharing about it! On main street in Mechanicsburg a new breakfast joint has opened named Poached, and is about 8 months old now. They are getting quite the following. Being a lover of anything locally owned or breakfast, my favorite meal of the day...I love the place. Especially their eggs benedicts menu. Some of the best in the area I've had. I have gone almost every weekend when I'm home with the Mother or friends.

The one week, I had a very sexy waiter. I asked if he wanted to be friends with benedicts and come back to my place to see my benedict. Well, he must have been straight, because I was given my check right quick. Could I have misread his signs??? I thought for sure he would be a sunny side up. Or at the least, over easy. Anyhow I highly recommend the place. And an excellent coffee bar too. The whole menu is fabulous, and the staff wear tee shirts with Friend with Benedicts on them. Love it!!!

23 comments:

  1. Yum!
    And maybe you didn’t tip enough?

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a heavy tipper I'll have you know! And I had just the tip for him!

      Delete
  2. He didn't suggest this sausage platter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't win them all. I am not an egg fan ever since I put my spoon into my egg and pulled out a baby bird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhhhhhh yuck!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. that's gross, Helen! I don't eat fresh apricots anymore because of the worm I found after biting into one. A baby bird is so much worse!

      Delete
  4. I thought you knew that it's always best to let the waiter make the first move!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could eat breakfast for every meal. The prices look very reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The place is great...fun staff, good food, and the prices are very fare.

      Delete
  6. That Eggs Benedict looks amazing! I LOVE Eggs Benedict! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great name for a breakfast place and the menu looks nice....but the waiter....he has no idea what he missed out on!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charming looking place and great name and sign. Too bad about the waiter and the failed gaydar, especially after such a good line.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I love poached eggs and I actually have some extra crispy English muffins on hand. Guess what I'm making for supper? And I'll be takin' no judgement from any of you for having breakfast at supper time, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your preaching to the choir sister! I could eat breakfast for red dinner everyday if I had too.

      Delete
  10. I've never had eggs benedict and after learning it involves poached eggs I probably never will. I don't like eggs enough to get that adventurous! I do enjoy a clever menu though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should have asked if he wanted his eggs scrambled!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8/13/2026

    One of the best items for breakfast, though an indulgence. Poached looks like a great place.
    An Old Philadelphian

    ReplyDelete
  13. I Love me a good Bennie too, so glad you now have this local Breakfast Treasure. Breakfast is also my fav Meal of the day, I won't skip it. Good Food Porn always makes for great Blog Fodder and supporting our Local Small Businesses is so important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: Well, the Menu DID say Friends With Benedicts... so, it was a reasonable request to said Waiter, Right?

      Delete
  14. Looks delish, sweetpea! I can't think of a good resto out here for that dish! folks around here seem to be far more basic...and marginally duller! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. That menu is so cute. What the hell is wrong with that waiter? He must be out of his mind, not dropping everything to go home with you!

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  16. The waiter must have been an English muffin and smoked salmon eater.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perhaps he was benedicted out?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!