Tuesday, February 14, 2023

ST.VALENTINE

 
  St Valentine's!

Saint Valentine is the patron saint of love. Believers say God worked through his life to perform miracles and teach people how to recognize and experience true love. This famous saint, an Italian doctor who later became a priest, inspired the creation of the holiday of Valentine's Day. He was sent to jail for performing weddings for couple during a time when new marriages were outlawed in the ancient Rome. Before he was killed for refusing to renounce his faith, he sent a loving note to a child he had been helping to teach, the daughter of his jailer, and that note eventually led to the tradition of sending little love notes and cards. While I may have never got into the holiday as much as others, I do like the fun of it with giving little notes and cards to friends and lovers on the day. I was busy last night making homemade chocolate covered cherries for work today for our desserts table. Nothing wrong with a little extra sweetest for the day, no darlings? Now back in school days, I use to love the little baskets or "mailboxes" we'd make and hang prior to our little Valentine party. One could get a little box of valentines with an assortment. I was always popular with the boys, but had I had these Valentines from my favorite comic artist, Caducado, I bet I would have been even more popular!!!  


I suspect I'll hear from by boys later today...having just caught up with them all recently. As for me today, I'll enjoy the sweet shop at work and have a nice dinner with wine tonight. Who knows, maybe I'll even have a champagne bubble bath as well!!! 

Spoke too soon. Just a few minutes ago I got a Valentine text from the Lad...containing this.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that....

๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’˜
Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!
Much romance, love and sweets ...to you all.
xoxo

29 comments:

  1. beautiful Valentines here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROTFLMAO!!!!! Just the tip!!!! I'm dying here!!!
    Nice comics too! I'm waving "Happy Valentine's day!" to you from Ptown!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just to clear things, that is me, thinking of him saying that. Have you seen his tip?

      Delete
    2. And I'm not disagreeing with that either.

      Delete
  3. Never been a big fan of the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Happy Valentine Day you sexy young thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd gladly take your cakes and eat them too!!!!! That is a perfect one for you from what I have seen!

    Hilarious!!! Happy Vday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the bubble bath darling! They are always a luxury. The post had me smiling with these.
    I can be you valentine too! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute valentines! Happy Hearts Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just the tip!!!!! I can't stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome you from Moran-Newman Farms!!!!! Happy Valentines๐Ÿ’Œ❤๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’ž

      Delete
  9. I wish I had those cards to give out! Of course I'd get in trouble at the office, but who cares? Happy Valentine's Day!

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pat Lark2/14/2023

    Just the tip? Really? Well, okay...if you promise. LOL. A nice champagne dinner sounds wonderful. What time? Happy Valentine's Day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drop in when you feel like hot stuff!!!! Dinner or in the tub!

      Delete
  11. When someone says "will you give the waiter a tip", I always say "He can have the whole length if he wants!"

    Jx

    PS Saint Valentine's Day was merely the early church subsuming - as it did with everything from Easter to Christmas - a much earlier pagan festival called Juno Februata.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!!!! I have to remember that one!!!!!

      Delete
  12. Right back at ya, honeybunch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, the Lad knows how to start St Valentine's right, no?
    And is that you sitting with all those bom-boms? He looks familiar....

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I keep eating sweeties' my ass is going to look like bon-bons!

      Delete
  14. Happy Valentine's Day! I love the weiner one the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should get some of these on tee shirts!!!!!

      Delete
  15. If ever there was a real life Cupid or should I say Dionysus....its you!!!! I'm stealing these to send to me gay peeps!!!
    ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  16. I send all my grand girls valentine cards and some stickers
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what a different life this would be if these had been the Valentine's cards we exchanged in grade school. Yeah, just the tip... if I had a dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you didn't embarrass your mother . . . again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's usually the other way around dear.

      Delete
  19. Happy Valentines sweetie darling! oxox

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!