Friday, February 17, 2023

ARGYLE GRANT

This warm weather is getting me into the mood for swimwear. I mean here it is February, and it's in the high 50's and low 60's... yesterday was almost 70 degrees!!! I can't even enjoy my cashmere sweaters, and wool coats with fur lapels at this rate. So. yes swim wear. I admit to being a huge swimwear junkie. I'm completely hopeless when it comes to swimwear. I must have already upwards of 30 suits by now, most square cuts, a few speedo styles and about four, shorty short trunks. Here's the thing about swimwear: by the time you planned your first beach foray, or gotten that first pool party invite, all the best suits are already sold out. And unless we're invited to a nude pool day of luxury to Big Whack's, we need a suit most places we go, even though I've been known to lose mine and then get yelled at. So darlings, we must plan now for some newness. The last couple of years, I have gotten many suits from Aronik. They are very well made and hold up very nicely, and adore the little bumble bee logo. But I also don't want to spend $95 for each suit...but man do they show and tell the package nicely. Late last summer, I discovered Argyle Grant, founded in Hollywood in 2010. Aryle creates impressive summer pieces of swim and can also have you ready to hit the pool or beach and then carry you right into brunch or a beach bar for happy hour. Late last year I got into his swim shorts, but I wore them as regular street shorts. LOVE his patterns. Love his quality fabrics, colors and the eye-catching patterns, many of which embrace the 1960's colors and patterns that reflect the swinging heyday of the desert oasis. This year I want to get more of the swim shorts, and if they get wet, there still a swimsuit after all.


And darlings, I'm here to tell you Argyle sure can put on a hell of a HOT and sexy swim fashion show...... screw the cashmere...bring on the swim hunks!!!!

And how about the model at 6:02? He is filling out those speedos with a pineapple, I think! 

Contrary to popular belief, this IS NOT the morning roll call of the houseboys here at the Casa du Borghese.

32 comments:

  1. Gorgeous guys. Lovely swimwear. I'll have to check out those two brands you linked. Can't wait for the summer to wear my speedos on the beach. Which at these temps might be next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, I cannot believe this is February. Even at night it's only going down to the low 50s

      Delete
  2. Upwards of 30 bathing suits and you couldn't model a few for us?!?!?

    I think the audience is just there to watch the HOT guys. And they were nice. I too agree...this IS February, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just got hotter in here. And who knew there were runway shows for swim? I love the shorts too, nice patterns.

    I admit, you do look very sexy in square cuts, and have the assets for them in all the right places. Speedos? Your junk barely stays in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everybody remembers the beautiful guys and their packages -- and forgot about the swimwear.

    I know I did, lol!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the swimwear.... but the models are smoking hot! I too cannot believe this weather. We usually have snow on the ground...deep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. But with these models, who's looking at swimwears?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw was tits and ass, tits and ass..they won't get you jobs..unless there these guys,!!!!! Tits and ass!!!!

      Delete
  7. Isn't it wonderful how that entire audience was there just to see the swimwear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that rather touching myself. Or was it I was touching myself.

      Delete
    2. I found it touching myself too.

      Delete
  8. Gee, I saw Argyle and thought this post was going to be about sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love being a good Argyle Sweater!

      Delete
  9. Pat Lark2/17/2023

    You slapped that boner right on the head: No need for swimwear at my house. In fact, I have threatened many a time to ban them from use. LOL. But, should you need a swim suit, I prefer the new type with the built in under short. The old mesh liners feel awful against such delicate skin.
    That was a lovely runway show. But I would've preferred to see you and the Houseboys do the parading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever hosted a blogger get together swimming party, that would definitely be something I would not miss!

      Delete
  10. Anonymous2/17/2023

    Yes,please!
    I can’t wait for summer to get here. And they always have the most delectable models. Beefcake is always welcome. Especially with swimwear.
    Now I want a square cut.

    XoXo

    Sixpence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably wouldn't mind seeing you in a square cut

      Delete
  11. Anonymous2/17/2023

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    I’m sorry I didn’t see any swimwear. I was too busy with the eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine why you would have missed the swimwear over those full baskets and beefy thighs?

      Delete
  12. I doubt they're wearing that in LA right now. I don't think it's been 60 degrees outside for a few days now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Damn!!!!!!!! I will admit...you look great in square cuts!!! I have several Aronik suits but find they fit too tight on my frame. I prefer short trunk....but told I can pull off a Speedo. I myself like trunks better on me. I'll have to look into this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Their WHY overdressed! Love the patterns thought.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the swimsuits...the patterns are fun and bright. But did I have to really watch the fashion show of my Future Husbands???

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's fairly mild here in London, too - highs of 58°C - but I rather think it's a bit too chilly for swimming trunks. Not that I'd even bother trying to wear "budgie smugglers" these days, as I'd probably pass more as a Sumo wrestler than an Olympic swimming champion...

    Such is life. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have three budgies Smugglers, but with way I'm built I just don't think they look right on me, so now I switched to square cuts, even though I some days think my back side looks like two pigs under a blanket.

      Delete
  17. There ice on the ponds, and so it not swimsuit weather here in North Idaho.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh to be young and beautiful, and know what I know now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looking at those pictures, there's some Argyle wishes I'd like Granted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect you and I might have the same Argyle wishes.

      Delete
  20. I'll need to explore the two brands you shared. Eagerly anticipating summer to don my speedos at the beach, and with these temperatures, it might just be next week! Nellykini





    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!