Saturday, January 14, 2017

LATE NIGHT WITH INDIA

La India, or simply India, is a Puerto Rican singer and songwriter of salsa and house music. She has been nominated for both Grammy and Latin Grammy awards and won the Latin Grammy Award for Best Salsa Album in the past, but it was this song that brought us queens to the dance floor each week, where we would dance and have some serious church to this ditty, I Can't Get No Sleep... which would always mix into her other classic, the tribal sounding, Love and Happiness. There'd be the stand and pose, the runways, and voguing...pre Madonna. I don't even think a floor was left at the end of the night. India was also very short, somewhere over 4', but don't let that fool you...she could belt out! Good times.....

8 comments:

  1. You GOT that right MISS THING!!!! Classic house for REAL. If this doesn't make your body move, YOU HAVE NO SOUL.!!!! She had a VOICE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. India has a fiercely divine voice. This song had.... has a permanent place in my heart. It is timeless...takes me back to the big club days

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, that was a great song....I remember it well. House music went to crap after the early 2000'3

    ReplyDelete
  4. She has an amazing voice, but I hope you queens did get some sleep after all the frolicking and cavorting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She has an amazing voice, but I hope you queens did get some sleep after all the frolicking and cavorting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect music to start my day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She sure can belt it out. A spit fire.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When house music was the best!!! India's music would tear the floor up. And your right about Love and Happiness. We were done.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!