Saturday, June 16, 2012

My Drive From Work

It occurred to me the other day how many interesting things I see on my way from work. Since I live in Bucks County, outside Philadelphia, and I work in New Jersey, I have a nice 45 minutes drive each day. My friends say they couldn't stand such a commute, but I don't mind it, since I don't encounter much traffic. And in Bucks, it's all two lane back roads. It gives me time to think and clear my mind actually. And I see many things I enjoy along the way. These are just a few. This first sign in Peddler's Village always makes me laugh. Can You imagine working at this restaurant. Being a waiter. " Hi, my name is Ted, Welcome to the Cock and Bull." I can be so immature at times.........mwanwhile I see there is a happy hour.......


Two of the many lovely estates I pass going home. Bucks County is filled with many of these gems! I often wonder who lives in them, and what they do.



This is a typical looking farm here in Bucks County. Except all the horses here are miniature.




The garden chess board at Lavender Hill Park.



The Buck County Playhouse in New Hope. They usually get plays once they leave Broadway and also put on their own plays with some big names often.

The one thing I always enjoy on my ride is seeing license plates. I really need to carry my camera with me more.



This car was in the parking lot at work.



Contrary to popular belief, and Kailyn...this is not the Mistress's car!

17 comments:

  1. Bucks County looks like a charming place to live!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh it is now if only a labyrinth could be found!

      Delete
  2. Of course that isn't your car. Your license plate says "DRONK."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos! I wonder the same things to of those in big estates, like, what does the Mistress of the house do? Is the husband having a affair? Has anyone found out about Billy and the hot gardner getting it on? Bucks looks like quite the place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And don't forget about the pool boys

      Delete
  4. At first I thought that said Cock and Balls! I really do need better glasses. William and I have ate their plenty! I just adore the different lifestyle who reside in Bucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a pair of fine opera glasses your welcome to use Agnes.

      Delete
  5. Love the chess game!!! Looks like a nice ride to work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6/16/2012

    When I used to commute to my current or old jobs all I had was a canyon or a concrete jungle. I wish I had scenery like this to enjoy to and from the office.

    In that big white estate house I imagine there must be some hot pool boys there. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How true! We can all hope so!

      Delete
    2. Oh you two! Us Bucks bitches always have a supply of houseboys to tend to the pool.

      Delete
  7. 45minutes!!!! Im guess Im spoiled with a 10 minute walk. Well at least you have a beauitful drive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! I thought maybe alley kat was yours! I agree with RJ all I get is highway and the concrete jungle! And maybe a cute guy in a convertible,wink

    ReplyDelete
  9. that huge chess game rocks little man says very cool

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do think Bucks is quite beautiful!!!! Nice post. Lucky me can walk out the door and be at work in less then 10.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9/17/2013

    Where is Bucks County is the garden chess board at Lavender Hill Park?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!