Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fall Day with Mistress and Buster Bolfig



Can I tell ya how nice to not have ANY PLANS!!! This is my only weekend to myself. All my men suitors are away, no family visiting, and no real plans to go anywhere, so I told myself it was the perfect weekend to take for just me, before all hell breaks loose again. I'll be seeing my good friend and sister Mame early next week and it will keep going from there! So... I decided to take a long evening fall walk and Buster Bolfig was more than ready. He loves a nice long walk. He is such a good companion. I got into my favorite Seven jeans, my comfy button down, and of course my Jack Purcell sneakers. God, I love those things!!!


Yes Buster is ready, so we set out.


We started off just right before dusk. I love the colors of the leaves now really starting to turn and the vibrant color of the berries bushes.









After the brisk walk, it was in order for some warming up Mistress style!


This time of year I love a warming, delish mulled cider. And your thinking that looks like some potent liqueur there. Well I usually add a pinch of Gentleman's Jack but this year since I'm on a Ginger kick, I am going to try it with Domaine du Canton, which is a ginger liqueur infused with brandy! And remember, just a pinch, like two cups. Just simmer the spices in cider for 20min, and then strain the spices and add your beverage of choice.




One must have something to eat with a mulled ginger cider so I got out some Camembert cheese and Rosemary flat breads.


Light some candles. Pecfect end of the day.


I think Buster looks satisfied after his walk, but not sure from this look.


Now I am just waiting my my dinner of chicken, potatoes, and carrots cooked in herbs, red wine, and a onion soup to be done. I wish you could smell the house! After, well I do have a small plan, but then it's Buster and I on the sofa for some BBC comedies and then a night of horror movie viewing! Tootles!

22 comments:

  1. Quiet weekend here (in that there are NO workmen around). Going to set up our haunted graveyard tomorrow morning as we have a bunch of middle school boys here to blow out the sprinklers and, though they try to be cool, they loves the Halloween decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect day! I'm sure Buster loved all the time spent with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post! I could alomost sense being there with you! And what a handsome guy you look like! My youngest son loves Jack Purcells sneakers also, but I don't get it. And I thank you for the wonderful mulled recipe. I will try it with William and the Brombergs when they come over for dinner Monday night. Sounds very welcomed this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just strange... bottomless? and what's with the dude's shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your style! Looks like the best kind of weekend to me! Looks very comfy at the casa to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great weekend handsome !The mornings are just bearably cool here and the afternoons are mildly warm. I think we have more color in our leaves though. Have a wonderful weekend, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a post for the senses! I am loving those sneakers, great for a casual day! Can I join you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure do know how to take a nothing day and make the most while still being relaxed! You got some style honey! And I love that candle holder on your table, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huh, yeah, right I'll be right over!

    ReplyDelete
  10. After seeing this, now I'm thinking I should have stayed a day longer! Buster is cute as ever! And I see the shirt came in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like your having a great weekend to yourself! I love the fall for all these reasons. And when I buy Seven jeans how come they don't look like this on me???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Could it get any better??? Have a great weekend handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a wonderful Sunday you had :) since it is almost summer where I live I spent all the day at my fav beach.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous10/23/2011

    And you haven't invited me over for dinner why? I am SO looking forward to enjoy Autumn more than ever. Summer used to be my time of year, but honey, I hate to sweat. It's not good for my pores or my hair-don't.

    Nice pix. Reminds me that I gotta get Hubz to get me outta this concrete jungle and head upstate for Fall foliage and frolicking!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pictures, and Buster is getting to be quite the big handsome boy.
    Two cups is a pinch around here, too; at least when it comes to my cocktails!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous10/23/2011

    First of all I fell for Buster's roguish charm, and then there was you all sleek and rugged in denim and then the perfect yummy dinner appeared, consider me smitten.

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks like your having a good buzzed weekend handsome! That Buster is still a cutie too I see!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was over in Bucks county the other day and it was just breathtaking with all the county estates and the fall color. I so need to come and photographs of the area. Perhaps stop for a spot of cider?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Froggy, Haunted grave yard? Yikes!

    Chris, put them on and I'll be the judge!

    Rj,well....it could!

    Madtexter, consider yourself invited. Yes you should go have a frolick!
    Preston, there is enough cider to go round....come up and see me sometime!

    Bourbon and Pearls, you are too kind honey, and yes Buster can be roguish! And the dinner end up be delish and savory! And Im flattered your smit!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad to hear you enjoying your weekend! We are so tearing this page from you for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous10/24/2011

    What a perfect Sunday! That look on Buster was probably like "When do we eat???"

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am sure that you can use the relaxing break. Alas, all of our leaves are mostly on the ground now.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!