Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Day of Leisure

This weekend I made my mind up to have a relaxing one, after the last two months of being on the go every weekend. The Boy-Toy was tied up with school work and campaign functions and the weather couldn't be more beautiful so I decided to go downtown to visit my favorite bookstore to see what was new and whatever else flipped my lid. The city was bustling with activity as it was beautiful. After arriving and parking the car I headed immediately to Giovanni's Room.



Giovanni's Room is one of the oldest exclusively gay bookstores in the country. I like to go there first to get reading materials and books instead of the "big box" bookstores. The staff there is always so helpful and friendly. After leaving there, I went to view my favorite building- City Hall,which I think is the most beautiful building in Philly. The architecture is just amazing.



Across the street from City Hall is the famous clothes pin sculpture designed by Claes Oldenburg. I always thought this was a neat piece of sculpture.

Near by City Hall is the Love Park Fountain.

In the park that day was a cutie catching some warm September rays!

But, my favorite park to people watch is Rittenhouse Square. Rittenhouse is the area of town where the multi-million dollar condos, trendy lounges and many outdoor eateries are located. The park is always chalk full of people watchers,sunbathers,and people reading,taking pictures,painting and whatever floats the boat. There is often many musicians playing for the crowds. It's a very relaxing locale,with many good looking hunks to be seen!



The man in the fountain is known in Philly as the Bubble Blower I believe.After reading my magazines, I visited my favorite fountains. The Swann Fountain in Logan Square ...



and the Concorde Fountain.

While in that part of town I also went to Fairmount Park to view the Conservancy and Boathouse Row,where many colleges have fraternities houses for their rowing teams. When the teams are on the river, all those muscle boys,it's a sight to be seen!


Now, it was getting late and time to head back home. On the way I snapped this picture of the entrance to Chinatown,which also can be a fun time with much to see.


I wanted to visit the Reading Terminal Market but I didn't get in town soon enough. That will wait till another day. That could be a whole post in itself. All that delicious food to be seen. It's one of those authentic Italian markets. And speaking of food, I did stop at the Boy-Toy's favorite sandwich shop to take home for us a lite dinner.


Potbelly's has the best sandwiches EVER! They haven't been there all that long yet,and I hope they do well. All there bread is homemade and the bread just melts in your mouth. Needless to say after my "relaxing day" yesterday, today I did nothing but read blogs and watch movies. After the last couple weekends I needed a relaxing one. Next weekend is the Boy Toy's big one. He turns the big 3-0! So I better rest up now!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice post girl - great pictures and wonderful commentary. One sometimes forgets how beautiful Philadelphia is.

    And I am SO glad that Giovanni's Room is still there!! I bought my first "gay books" there about a million years ago. It was always such a thrill to go there when I was but a young gaybie...

    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me want to come visit, I am talking about the hot man btw, not the buildings.

    As for Potbelly's, they started in Chicago and their home office and test kitchen is just a few stories above me. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!