Friday, August 28, 2026

MOCHA

One of my favorite styles for drag is a good retro look with a huge bump style in the wig and this queen has it. Mocha is a 26 year old London based queen originally from Essex and just landed herself on the 8th season, already? of Drag Race season 8. In my opinion she doesn't need the show already gaining a huge following. Adore Mocha's look and she reminds me of the style of drag of my early club days, that drew me into drag in the first place. Mocha has a great cartoonish, yet vintage and showgirl inspired style with just the right amount of kooky twist. Her style is a blend of Soho perfection meets East London grit. And not only is she a marvel with the makeup brush...and even though she DESPISES sewing, she makes all her own ensembles not to mention the looks of many other drag queens. I think I need a trip to Madam JoJo's in Soho.


And for some reason not only does Mocha conjure early memories of my club scene, so does this new Madonna ditty. Take me right back to that sound. Mocha could turn this number.

3 comments:

  1. Some great retro looks there. My fave is the one with Mocha on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that retro look!
    I watched the Meet The Queens and she was a standout. I like how she can also do kooky. And I agree with that Madonna song. I’m telling you, this record does not have one skip.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Mocha but I'm skipping Madonna.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!