Yes, call me nuts! As most of you saw, my wildflower garden has taken wonderfully and quickly, which also meant I am getting far more bees and bumbles to the garden these days. Now I have several bird baths around the house, so of course the bees like to enjoy them too to get some water, which many don't know. The problem was some would go to far down, slip in, and sadly drown. Of course, I saved a few before they got to waterlogged and smothered. I would place them in the garden to dry out. So, before my last vacation I was on Instagram and caught a video of a lady who made this elaborate bee bath. Well, I'm not Marth Stewart, but she did give me an idea. To go with the growing bee habitat, I made my own bee bath.
Of course I wanted all bees to feel welcome, so I added in this pride rock my mother gave me that she painted this year at a craft event at her work, and I also added in a few seas shells I found on the beach from my last jaunt for more platforms for bees to cling too.



Maddie, you have a heart as big as all outdoors, what a thoughtful gift to the creatures who make sure our flowers bloom and our foodstuffs grow.
ReplyDeleteI love this! Even the Gay Bees are welcome.
ReplyDeleteAnd, you know, without bees, we're doomed, so you're helping all of us!!!
Thank you for sharing this idea! Genius!
ReplyDeleteSx
According to this article https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c141lymnl2yo you are doing the right thing
ReplyDeleteI love this idea!
ReplyDeleteWe have to rescue bees out of the pool all the time, but here are some we don't get because we aren't out there every minute of the day. I wonder if we had something like this..... Goddess knows we have plenty of flower pots lying around.
ReplyDeleteYes, not only can they not climb out of the water in most bird baths, but once their wings are wet, they can't fly so they can't even escape by air. I love the concept of a special bee bath!
ReplyDeleteOMG genius?
ReplyDeleteBees are essential for everything we eat, for real. And I will try this. The man friend has a bird bath but not a bee bath. Homework!
XOXO