Sunday, September 23, 2018

COSTA RICIAN BLISS


When most people ask me what I thought of Costa Rica, I say it was like Puerto Rico on steroids!!! It was by far one of the more interesting and memorable of trips, as it introduced me to a whole new kind of locale..and one I most certainly would go back to again. On this final post of the trip , are three different things we visited.

You have definitely heard about Witch’s Rock if you are a surf enthusiast or have seen the famous surf movie, Endless Summer. Our guide Bencio took us to Witch’s Rock, a surfing destination located in the Guanacaste province of Costa Rica. Known for its excellent waves, exotic beaches and verdurous rain forests. It is a small, mysterious place which is as interesting as its name. The mystical name, Witch’s Rock, is derived from a legend of a witch living in the island. The rock is located right off  Playa Naranjo beach. I found it very interesting, and no I did not surf. I enjoyed the scenery and watching the hot boys do all the work. We did hit a private beach spot though and had excellent nachos.
This was some kind of shark I think. I didn't plan on getting in anyway!
Daddy Warbucks captures another as I strike a pose! Vogue!
Thank goodness this was after the above picture.
This was more my speed....men watching!
And we can't forget Bencio....it was hard not to look at him. I asked to be just carried around. I told him in the US it was customary to carry the youngest of the tour group. He didn't buy it.
Another day found us in Cartago.Cartago is the country’s first capital and one of the oldest communities in Costa Rica. It was founded by Spanish settler, Juan Vasquez de Coronado in 1563. Although dubbed by Coronado as the most beautiful valley he’d ever seen, throughout history, the city would become faced with unforeseeable destruction. In 1723, the Irazu Volcano erupted and destroyed the city. In 1823, Cartago suffered from losing a civil war. In 1841 and 1910, the city experienced the ruins of two large earthquakes. But even though Costa Rica is not known for much architecture, it was still a nice respite from the  locale we had been in for a week and a half. Some of our points of interests.

.The Basilica de los Angeles  in Costa Rica, located in the city of Cartago and dedicated to the Virgen de los Pardos, officially known as Virgen de los Ángeles. The basilica was built in 1639 and was partially destroyed by an earthquake

The basilica has since been restored and constitutes a unique mix of colonial architecture as well as 19th century Byzantine style. As with Argentina, you know I love my churches.


Ruinas de Cartago. This now-ruined church was built in 1575 as a shrine to St James the Apostle. It was destroyed by the 1841 earthquake, rebuilt a few years later and then destroyed again in the 1910 earthquake. Today only the outer walls remain, but ‘the ruins’ are a pleasant spot for people-watching, bird watching and the views are beautiful. Legend has it that the ghost of a headless priest wanders here. It was quite tranquil and one of my favorite places.
I was loving the birds!!!!
I know we have seen these cuties before in other posts They are called Coati's. They would be similar to our racoons, rabbits and such. They could get very close. I wanted one in the worst way.

And the Central Market in San Jose was an interesting must.Costa Rica’s Central Market is a well-known place, where many tourists experience the real daily Costa Rican life.Costa Rica’s Central Market is not just a commercial place; in fact, it has a life of its own. From sunup to sundown, it has a particular bustle that attracts over 20 thousand people a day. It’s a place to experience Costa Rica’s culture and food and crafts. The market is a meeting spot where people gather everyday to greet and discuss current national affairs.
The same day later while eating at a eatery, this was in the window next to me. YIKES!
I TELL YOU I'm still itching! And yes...it was that big!!!!! That was the biggest bug I ever saw. Looks alien like right>>>>moving on......
Americans, the only culture offended by cock.It was unbelievably cool how many places had these. I bought about 10 sets. Can one really have to much cock?
The last two days were spent back in Manual Antonio to just soak it up while we could.
Our last brunch.
Heres is Camila!!! 
She was greeting us every morning. She's the one I wanted to take with me.
I don't know. I think I'm ready to go back. Any of you peeps game?
And a huge thank you to the  wonderful staff at  the Hotel Rio Celeste Hideaway for such stunning accommodations, service and excellent food and cocktails.  I highly recommend a stay here.

54 comments:

  1. stunning pix, especially of that naked guy! the birdies! the food! bencio! the flora! the animals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you moved there, you'd never have clothes on. after seeing the handi craft, i think I know what my stocking stuffer will be. lovely trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an AMAZING post and finale to this series. I had no idea Costa Rica was so beautiful. But that huge bug!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!

    I also like that you were able to just hanging the last two days. Bliss indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another good travel report. (Excepting the Jurassic Bug!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, what beauty. I see you even had to lose your clothes at Witch's Rock. What a neat place. The huge rock is very fascinating as is that shark. The ruins and cathedral are more me...Withstanding time! I too would have loved to seen the market with their local wares and handi craft.

    This was a trip of a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A most beautiful oasis is all I have. I especially liked the birds and Camila...those Coati's sure are cute. We of course, love a naked picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous. And not just Benicio, though, yeah,Benicio!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Breathtaking beauty! This earth certainly is a very interesting and stunning places with many different scenes. All the more reason to care for her properly. I am loving the flowers and birds and I wouldn't mins having one of those Coati's either. That cute nose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! ALL of the photos are a feast for the eyes - absolutely fantastic!!! It's impossible to choose favorites.
    I do remember Witch's Rock and the classic film "Endless Summer". And I used to surf (haphazardly) in my youth when I lived in California. But I've never seen nachos as big as anyone's ass.....
    What the hell was that insect in the window??? It looks bigger than a pterodactyl (I hope I spelled it right).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what that bug was, but glad we don't have them here. There is only certain big things I handle well, and that isn't one of them.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful photos as usual, Mistress. Now, if I'm not mistaken, that there fish is a whale shark. They are filter feeders. They eat plankton and itty bitty fishes. There is nothing itty bitty about you, Maddie. You would've been safe. It could also be mistaken for me in my polka dot swimsuit.
    Is that big bug a grasshopper with a thyroid condition? As long as a bug has fewer than eight legs I'm cool with it, no matter the size. Love the birds, so colorful.
    Thanks for the gratuitous nudity! I just had a flu shot, and this picked up my spirits immensely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whale shark!!! It was cool to see, but I don't know what that huge bug was. I did look like a grasshopper but it was something else. I was afraid to leave in fear it would land on me. I'm glad my nude backside lightened your day honey.

      Delete
  11. I went back to look at some of your Argentina posts. I very hard pressed to make up which vacation was better. All I know is you certainly enjoy life. This post is very warming for the dreary day here. And oh look your naked again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I say there is nothing wrong with to much wwod or cock!!!!

    I would be all about Witch's Rock. That place looks so fun. You certainly did partake of many things there. But you never did say if you partook of the very sexy Bencio?????????

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brava Mistress...what a stunning post. You should be a travel agent..I want to go in the worst way. I am originally from Puerto Rico, which is beautiful, but Costa Rica's beauty far out shines ours. I have to go some day. Loved the market pictures. And yes...we do have bugs as big as your...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seems Mistress had a most beautiful holiday! Love the Coati, the colours, and, of course, the cock... Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course the cock!

      Delete
    2. Yep, and tomorrow is back to Mondays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  15. Ah, these posts takes me back! I went many year ago and stayed at Tabacon. Had such a good time in the springs, and we were able to see and hear Arenal. It was crazy hiking around Arenal and Witch's Rock while the rocks were tumbling down the mountain. I definitely paid attention to the “do not enter” signs on the mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the amazing recommendations and the hotel you stayed at throughout these posts. We'd absolutely love Costa Rica – hands down the best of Central America. The ruins looks particularly interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I want to go there. Think Bencio would let me sleep on the couch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure he could have his arm twisted.

      Delete
  18. That’s great to hear that you enjoyed the Costa Rica, Mistress! Looks like you had a good time for sure. Love to read about travel and recommendations. Thanks for sharing these post I enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. If I get a job as one of your houseboys, can I travel with you guys permanently? I swear I'll even wear a jock strap 24/7?

    The beauty there is unreal. As is that hot naked ass.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice rocks, but where are the coconuts? Also in the second pic, am I the only one who see's the phallic imagery/ Did you plan that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't aware my rocks were showing?

      Delete
  21. Breathtakingly beautiful. And your eye makes it even better. Yeah, we’ve got those wooden cocks all over town. In very useful sizes. Key rings. Bottle openers. Lamp bases... Oh wait those are... Never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sweetie, looking at y'all's photos I can see why y'all are behind writing and reading blogs! I LOVE your photos and seriously think I need to rethink my next travel plans!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. If the Orange Skid Mark is still POTUS in two years, I'm going there. One way ticket, perhaps? What a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I need to travel more...

    ReplyDelete
  25. This must be some another planet :) If it wasn't for your perky ass and that delish food, I would never guess it was this planet. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This world is an amazing and wonderful place, We can feel the beauty of it everywhere in these pictures. You certainly are not shy when it comes to losing the clothes!!!! Not that we mind. I myself would love the market and the relaxing at the hotel. Those drink and food look beyond delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  27. NEVER too much cock! And this collection is really outstanding. Frankly, I'm jealous of this vacay. I would LOVE to go to Costa Rica. Pura Vida indeed!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's go! Just throw two square cuts in a brown bag and lets go!!!! We don't need many clothes......

      Delete
  28. This is amazing! Thanks for sharing this wonderful and inspiring trip. It makes me feel more positive and determined. We can see beauty depending in everything if we want to. Begin with securing a peaceful and relaxing environment. Just like my experience in Costa Rica, I felt peace there. Gald to have you back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. If paradise exists... this is it! so spectacular, so beautiful.
    Exceptional pictures! I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Whale shark and Coatis! Colorful birds and Jiminy Cricket's cousin, Juan Cricket! Gorgeous beach and island scenes (and beach bums). Vibrant marketplace and spectacular architecture. What marvelous and wonderful pictures you've shared!

    Endless Summer is one of my fave movies and travel plans--just follow summer and have an adventurous vacation, like you did!

    Love, love, love Camilla and the stunning sunset beach fotos. Costa Rica is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would it had been wrong to smuggle Camila back in my suitcase?????

      Delete
  31. Beautiful pictures. You've really got an eye for scenery and for fuckable men. I, too, wouldn't mind taking Bencio for a ride ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome HunlteyBiGuy!!!! I have the feeling we'd get along swimmingly.

      Delete
  32. Fabulous post! But I'd rather seen your wood!!!! I'm seeing watching Daniels was dance from Saturday too!!!! Thank you Daniel!

    ReplyDelete
  33. It sounds heavenly. Yes, I'd go if I had the funds. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Anonymous9/24/2018

    Why am I, always shopping on the Upper Level, while there's a Latin, parading among the scents on the Lower Level?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we can't win them all my firend.

      Delete
  35. Witch's Rock? I could do with one of those here - my own private island!
    You saw some amazing sights on your hols, didn't you? Whale sharks (very lucky!), Black Trunks & sunglasses (in the second 'Men-on-the-Beach' photo - Yum!), the Basilica de los Angeles, the birds, the bugs, but not that rather obscene-looking red flower ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cap Chasen9/26/2018

      I think that obscene looking flower is actually the Mistress cock. I hear it's a beauty.

      Delete
  36. Cap Chasen9/26/2018

    What a great conclusion to your trip. Amazing pictures yet again. Travel while you can, I waited to long to start and now Im in sad shape. But your lovely and handsome naked body gives me some pep in my step Mistress. I enjoyed these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful!!! Although I think I just gained 10 pounds looking at the delicious food and drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Another awesome post!!!!! This was amazing. I always like seeing nice scenery and beautiful butts. This trip was truly memorable I I imagine.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!