Sunday, June 17, 2018

LOVE IS IN THE AIR

This weekend the Lad and I, and along with other friends had a wedding to go of our good friends Jeff and Louis. Not only was it glorious weather for the event, and it was so cool to be having such a great affair during Pride month also ,and the venue was downright breathtaking. We went early as Preston was the photographer,  and he knew I'd love walking around before the event.

Jardin de Buis is one of the most stunning estate  and greenhouse venues I've seen maybe EVER, let alone in New Jersey, located just an hour outside of New York City, feels like you're transported to the French countryside. It truly is the perfect place for unforgettable "I-do's" as it offers a myriad of indoor and outdoor spaces - a manor house  a grand hall barn, two formal glass greenhouses, an orangerie, a formal potager garden, as well as extensive grounds for outdoor events.The gardens and landscape are part of an ongoing project begun in 1992 as a complete renovation and expansion of an eighteenth-century dairy farm on thirty-five acres. The original four structures and a single wooded hedge-row was all that was left of the abandoned farm in the heart of deer country. The gardens closest to the barn and manor house complex were structured around three courtyards formed by the barns, stone walls, and boxwood.


 Continuing around the house is a thyme garden that leads to the eastern court with the pond and white garden.  The greenhouses was salvaged from Rutgers University and designed around an English-style orangery. It is solar powered and heated. Behind the cow shed there is a nursery of boxwood collected from around the world. The place is also rustic at the same time, and architectural tidbits of sorts all over.

 It was rather one of the most beautiful events I'd been too and must say even got a bit teary eyed. It was that beautiful of a day.  And such lovely touches.

The handsome couple. Congratulations my friends!

 I adored the place cards table.
It was a late afternoon wedding, and there was not one , but two cock-a-tail hours...my type of event... and the reception and outdoor dancing was still going on when we left, going for a quarter pass 11pm.... we would have stayed, but we had the drive back to Bucks County. And to answer yesterdays post question, I did indeed end up dressing. A rare moment was caught when the Lad had to actually adjust my attire for a change.

Not sure why, but was touched the Lad took notice to my collar. I finally may have got him trained. A thanks to Preston for all the pictures in this post. He was also the photographer of the day.

39 comments:

  1. FABULOUS! congrats to the handsome grooms!

    preston, your photos are lovely; this space reminds me of longwood gardens.

    the last pix - THE ENDS! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank- you Anne Marie! I am still going through almost 550 pictures yet. It was a rewarding shoot to have.

      Delete
    2. the endings get most people.

      Delete
  2. A beautiful spot for a beautiful ceremony -- congrats to the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a loverly place. Many happy returns of the day to the couple. Thanks for all the wonderful pictures to Preston. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one very cool wedding and place. Laid back but still elegant.I love the groom's suits.

    When you two get married, I tell you right now, I volunteer to film the honeymoon night!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the director usually directs...not join in.

      Delete
    2. Well I better get at least 60% profit.

      Delete
  5. That does look like a rather swanky affair and so beautiful. Nothing more pretty then a outdoor wedding. I have never seen a reception in a greenhouse before, but it is stunning. You all look so handsome. I'm glad you did get dressed though....you two look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I have is STUNNING!!! All of it. That place is amazing. Every detail and presentation is lovely.

    The ending was rather nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet post. The pictures of yourself and the grooms. Really touched me. It's those moments.

    You two look good together I have the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When are you two tying the knot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say marriage is an institution. But could you see me in a institution? Crazy or otherwise.

      Delete
  9. Absolutely amazing wedding!!!! Congratulations to you friends. It never still gets old to hear of the community getting married. You two look very spiffy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing like a spring outdoor wedding to make all seems to right with the world. Do I sense a soft side coming through here??? Hmmmmmmmm.

    Wonderful post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think one could see my soft side in this picture?

      Delete
  11. The reception in the green house has left me in awe. What an amazing setting to spend with family and loved ones. And then there is you two handsome things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is just beautiful! Preston did a marvelous job. You and the Lad look wonderful in profile showing off your assets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those things should be insured.

      Delete
    2. Truer words were never spoken, Anitia.

      Delete
  13. Artistry at its best!!! Looks like a very memorable day for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow wow wee wow wow! Maddie I want our wedding to take place there!!! Lol
    That is a touching moment when the lad is taking care of you, awwwww cute. Would I ruin that moment if I confess to thinking, "whoa, what absolutely cute butts those two have"! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we'll marry there, then move to Canada. But you better have the butter ready for all these buns!

      Delete
  15. Breathtaking, right down to the last shot (OMG!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to the new couple! I also loved the fabulous pictures. I'm a big fan of the place card table, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That place is spectacular for a spring wedding. Even further impressed it's in New Jersey. I think you two should have just got married with them and had a double wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I got a bad case of dry mouth looking at those buns!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you prefer margarine or Country cock , I mean Crock, with those buns?

      Delete
  19. That is one luxurious estate. Um, did they rent it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very popular venue to have events in New Jersey. It was absolutely stunning.

      Delete
  20. The photos are gorgeous. Preston is exceptional! What a place. And to think, for our wedding, there were 8 of us standing alongside the Missouri River in Sioux City, Iowa! Oh, yeah, and I do have to say, very cute "end(s)"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely wedding. It was actually an intimate gathering, maybe 65 people. The greenhouse dinner was quite beautiful. And who doesn't enjoy outdoor dancing.

      Delete
  21. What a beautiful place, wedding and day!

    But you two have asses that don't quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now that is a classy wedding.

    Now you two look great. With such great bubbles. But with both having nice bottoms, who's the top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I guess you will have to just wonder about that....

      Delete
  23. Congratulations to the happy couple! What a wonderful setting for a magnificent event! What stunning fotos!

    Cheers to new beginnings and a lifetime of joy, love, and laughter.

    (*-)
    _|_

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful photos of a wonderful event. The garden looks (and sounds, from your description) lovely - my kind of place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we have never met, but when I see places like this I think of you and what you might like there. Photo heaven it was.

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!