Thursday, August 15, 2013

Estate Sale at the Casa

 

Before heading to Provincetown on vacation, the Mistress came to a hard decision to sell off almost all my drag paraphernalia, since I had retired from the drag arena. It was, is , great fun to transform one's self and see the change. But after years of doing drag for hosting, parties, and shows, fifteen years was plenty of high haired glamour. Once I moved to Bucks County and started a work out regime, my body changed and got more built, so I probably couldn't have fit those size 10's dresses anymore. Oh, sure there will be the occasional drag show, or theme party, but these days it's a two to three time appearance a year. Meanwhile, all the gorgeous things were sitting in storage, well organized, and maintained. I thought some queen could be enjoying these things. So I talked to my boy Preston, who said he would take pictures of them on a back drop and I then could post on Ebay. Well, the pictures got taken, but word got out....quick..... and three queens bought most of my goods! I also gave some things to  a up and coming queen here in Philadelphia. Madison  Avenue bought most of my dresses and some jewels. But I'd say Pearly Gates hit the royal jack pot! While in P-Town, she wanted to see what I had. If I had a dollar for every time I heard that! Anyway we haggled a price, after all, were all whores, were just haggling about the price, and she was quite generous,  so she is the proud owner of some of the Mistress's finest.........


When in drag the Mistress's trade mark was almost always blond hair, and HUGE! Most of my wigs were from Patricia Fields, and Madame Woo's in Baltimore. Pat Field's had the most stunning drag collection back in the day, but Madame Woo's always styled my wigs, since I don't know how to style it perfect myself. They were then sprayed -heavy to keep them hard as a helmet, and then were stored that way on these head mannequins in boxes. Most of the wigs here ranged from $120- to $180. Wigs 1 and 3 are two wigs combined together. You know what they say.....the higher the hair, the closer to God!







Now these wigs were for special costumes. The first is actually two wigs, and some extensions. It was for my version of Poison Ivy, my favorite character, and  not much different from the Mistress! The next two were for two different Marie Antoinette costumes I did. The first one was from the now closed , but legendary Pat Fields. It was also originally white, but was later re-styled in purple. The second from Madame Woo's in Baltimore.






Now,  Pearly Gates not only bought the wigs and the head forms, but also bought three of my best pair of pumps! I was quite fond of the heels! Wore nothing lower then a 5" heel, I told you I was a size queen! Most were very high, and the reason I believe for the muscles in my gams! But if truth be told, I was quite a bit sad to see these gems go.......

 
I do believe my good reader RJ would love these, with the fuschia and blue. The jewels are what caught my eye. These were worn twice. 
 
 
I loved these and the height. But my tears really started when I parted with a find of the century.....my favorite heels of all time.......
 
 
Studded, Ruby Red 6 1/2 " Christian Louboutins!!!!! I came across these at a yard sale here about 8 years ago. The lady had no idea what she had here. They were her daughters who had purchased them from Neiman Marcus. She didn't even see the receipt inside the box!!!!! She was charging $80 for them. All she knew was they were designer, and wanted the ugly things gone. It was definitely a Noxzema Jackson moment for me, like when she discovered the vintage clothing in the upstairs room in Too Wong Foo. They were on my feet that night. Some good times in what I called my CHA CHA heels! I had even met a black man out one night, who at first thought I was a woman! Turns out he was bi, and we went to his place, for , well, sport nookie, and he wanted me to keep on the stockings and heels!!!! Huh, no. Not into that, But I fun time had anyhow. But now, all has been shipped and went to a new home. Even though I made some sweet monies, and could get rid of the storage unit and save even more money, alas......there is a HUGE hole in my heart left from the departed Louboutins!!!!! Take care of them Pearly!!!!!!

30 comments:

  1. I would not even attempt to stand up in shoes that high. Or maybe that's the point -- they're for wearing while in a recumbent position?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fortunately the Mistress know all too well about recumbent positions.

      Delete
    2. Oh Debs, you should have seen me tear up the dance floor in these with high kicks!

      Delete
    3. And Miss Moorecock, who let you out of your damn room?

      Delete
  2. All FABULOUS ITEMS, but when I saw estate sale, I was thinking you were selling off some houseboys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I ever do it will be like a Tupperware party! With demos.

      Delete
  3. The first time I saw you I was like WOW! The hair barely got in the car. I love that orange one best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! And I would agree, it is hard to part with things. But I don't recall you ever doing the same look twice. LOVE THE RED Louboutins! That bitch Pearl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All gorgeous! And one wig is still seen weekly in Philly! And don't get me started on Pat Fields....those were the days honey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The purples are my favorites. You must have been quite something, and even got sport nookie! He must have liked your jewels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the tear drop bauble that dangles is what brings the boys to her yard.

      Delete
  7. I can see why your would grab your heels!!!! Stunning....everything! Now, will the new flow of funds supply more gin for another two years?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. two years? You obviously haven't met the Mistress.

      Delete
  8. Wow! Moving on is good but sad all at the same time. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see there was no mention of all the times you were caught sleeping in the purple Antoinette wig.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meanwhile, I THANK YOU for these treasures! And you'll be happy to know the Louboutins have not been in the air yet. I left them on the floor with my morals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOLY! This would explain the nice leg work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can remember when the Mistress Borghese and Vera Charles hit the town....now that was a EXTRAVAGANZA!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous8/15/2013

    OMG that's some big hair! Makes me wish my own hair were as thick as it was twenty years ago.

    I might be brave to go 5" again one of these days... oh, I meant the heels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you gave the mistress anything less then 5", she'd laugh and ask what am I suppose to do with that?

      Delete
    2. thank bob the mistress never met my ex-husband; he was 2" on a good day! that's (only one reason) why he's an ex!

      Delete
    3. Oh my. 2" on a good day! I always wondered if they even existed.

      Delete
  14. Oh my what fun and fabulous items! I love my drag with bog hair. I say go big or go home. Even in my young years I wouldn't where high heels. Of I wore any of these, I'd be six feet under, with a broken neck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. the ruby slippers...honey, I can see why parting was such sweet sorrow. personally, I could never get my 7W foot into something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That 3rd wig and that first pair of shoes .....

    Had I see those years back, I might'a tried a hand at drag!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the wigs! You must have been hard core! I would have loved big hair like that, bit then everyone would have thought I was from New. Jersey .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those wigs are stunning! A true queen id say!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this! Makes me want to go out and get some wigs, but I may get some funny looks in the day! And those heels.......MY GAWD!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!