Saturday, February 16, 2013

Wine and Serenade

 
It's been an odd winter so far for me, as I usually hate the winter. I really should migrate with the yellow finch! I can't stand the cold weather, and I usually hibernate and keep a clean social calendar. Both this winter has been one thing after another, hence that blog break! Another visiting friend popped in town for two days, so we headed to New Hope and thought we would hit the New Hope Winery and some music. New Hope Winery is twenty years old. You would never know she’s an “older broad” to the wineries in The Delaware Valley, and in Bucks County.  She is fresh and astoundingly awesome. My friend and I fancied a little wine so we set off to this rustic splendor beauty in good ol’ New Hope. New Hope is a great town for exploring, as you have seen here before. The shops, river views,  lounges, art galleries and restaurants make it a hot destination on a gorgeous day. For the winter season, it was heavenly here in the Northeast when we went. Plus, After a delish lunch at Martines, it was onward to this cute “barn style” winery.


 It was my first visit to the winery ,and now won’t be my last. I think I actually turned my friend into a “whino” aficionado. What I cherish most about New Hope Winery is that they produce wine from grapes they grow. They don’t use any outside grapes. Just their own. That is one thing people aren’t aware of.However, I think it is a lot cooler if a winery just does it all.  New Hope’s wine is top-notch. Love the whole interior also- so rustic. To grow and produce your own wine AND put out a superior product at least for a east coast winery,  is huge! Which is why I give New Hope Winery much props. Their tastings are a small fee. You can choose 5-6 wines and receive a wine glass that you can take home with you.






They will start you off from their reds to whites onward to their dessert wines. I have to say EVERY wine I tasted I wanted to take home with me. However, since I am not made of millions, I took home 2 bottles of Pinot Noir  and their Merlot, both which were extra dry, my favorite. The staff is quite courteous. My friend who isn’t a huge wine drinker even enjoyed himself and purchased a few bottles. All in all, it was a pleasant experience. The barn is adorable and is the perfect stop upon your visit to New Hope for the day. But this was a win-win as the main reason to finally see the place was that night the talented singer Duncan Sheik was to perform!!!!! See, the winery also provides lots of music acts in addition to their wine making, and was he ever spectacular.
 
Ducan Sheik  is an American singer-songwriter and composer. Initially finding success as a singer, most notably for his 1996 debut single "Barely Breathing", he later expanded to compositions for motion pictures and the Broadway stage. Sheik currently resides in New York City. It was great to hear him sing the song live and some newer music from his new album! It was just another of those wonderful moments in New Hope.
 
 
 

You may remember his big song from 90's Barley Breathing.
 
 
Over all it was one lovely evening.

9 comments:

  1. 90's man. 90's........ Where for art thou? Oh this looks like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That DOES look like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duncan Sheik, Lisa Loeb, Third Eye Blind, ok...some matchbox twenty, Dave Matthews Band, Goo Goo Dolls...they'll make a GREAT 90's mixtape! And wine to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been to the winery there twicewith the strings section for a concert, a charming place. And I loved this song! It is so cool!  I love songs with lots of harmony and acoustic guitar. Go Duncan!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like such a cozy place. Sometimes these small places like this have some of the most surprising wines. I used to love Duncan Sheik, a blast from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you all know that this is code word for the Mistress drank three tankers of wine and now their closed for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your always up to something intresting I swear! Its nice to have all to do you have around you! Cool, relaxing music too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2/17/2013

    I swear, you live such a richly Enchanted Life... God Bless You!!! Duncan is a tremendous Cutie! I could so easily get mellow w/ the likes of that! "Straight" you say??? I'm a strong advocate of expanding one's perception!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to love that song! He needs to record more!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!