Monday, February 18, 2013

Rosemary Clooney is Here........

 
My good friend the Dame Courtney has much to smile about, like Rosemary Clooney,  above, for today it is her birthday! Happy Birthday dear!!!!! So I just had to give her a birthday greeting and give her some of her favorite chanteuse , who she adores. Si I have conjured up some vintage Rosemary in honor of the Dame and her day!
 
Happy Birthday! 
 
Here is the Dame...snapped just today as she was leaving her town home. She looks great for 30, don't you think?
 
 
And here the Dame with some of her lovely staff. She too is a proper gal.
 
Like Rosemary Clooney, the Dame came to prominence in town with her trade mark saying, after the Clooney tune , "Come On-a My House", which made her very popular. As did her cock-a-tail parties.  And like Rosemary, both enjoy a killer frock, and a clean swept coiffure.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


And in honor of the Dame on her day, here is a little ditty from Clooney's movie, Red Garters...... it's like watching the Dame entertain while on a visit......



That's the Dame alright..." don't grab the package or touch the merchandise!" But I do have a feeling she dropped off more than her bustle south of Bufflo, but I digress. So I hope dear you have a lovely birthday today! And speaking of the Dame, at weeks end I'll be the guest of herself and the Master Russel for a weekend at their lovely town estate, which I'm sure will be bound to be entertaing. I just hope she has a tanker of gin on it's way.

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! If Honey Baked Hams made a movie, this would be it! A happy birthday to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the Dame! You two have lots in common I see with household help! Rosemary was such a class act, beautiful, talented, and charming. This movie was a great one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. she doesn't look a day over 30.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such style....I can see why you two must get along. Happy Birthday Dame!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This song has been in my head since I watched, lol but that's a good thing. Hope your friend has had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I gather she spent the day in King 0f Prussia shopping. So that means she was gleeful beyond belief!

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday to the Dame Courntey! She has good taste to like Ms Clooney! She had more talent in her little finger than today's stars have in their whole bodies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ♫♪There is nothing like a Dame♪♫

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to the Dame! Is she fond of garters too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Come On-a My House, a motto you both had no doubt. I betting you two were quite popular?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to the gal! Mark loves this movie, you don't often see it on movie channels. Great little ditty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the Clooney compilation - I finally got a chance to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!