Monday, July 12, 2010

A Day of Vintage


The Mistress was a social butterfly while away on this vacation. Always being social I am. One of the days while away I visited with my good friend the Dame Courtney and her handsome husband, Mr Mischievous. Better known as the Capital Street Duo. While he was unfortunately working this day, I did see him for drinks the night before. Anywho, I met the Dame at her townhouse. And how festive it looks as always! She was kind enough to let me snap a few from her beautiful abode. I think some Yankee Doodle moved in. I'm not sure what she was hatching in this!





You see, the dame enjoys herself many antiques and changes things up around the house every season, and she does enjoy herself a holiday. There's always something of interest to see! Then it was off to the Subway Cafe.


The restaurant doesn't look like much on the outside, but the inside has a true retro-charm. The food is FANTASTIC and the prices are very reasonable.The subway is just like any other dinner in America,except they serve alcohol, thank-God, and hands down, the best pizza in the area! The place was started in 1948 and has weathered two major floods. Why, I understand many of the Mistress's uncles used to frequent the joint in their hey day. Ahhhh, I could even smell their Cuban cigars! And I just love the ample drinks they severed in the fishbowls! I think I even saw a fish jump!




Then it was off to The Old Sledworks for a fun frolic down memory lane. The Dame has a booth there where she sells her vintage holiday wears. And the place was way cool.



In addition to over 125 antique and craft vendors, a visit to the Old Sled Works will take you back in time. Experience a working Old Time Penny Arcade and Soda Fountain!!! Not to mention all the antiques I remember seeing in my grandmother's house.




Did you ever see so many salt and pepper shakers! A pinch of this and that...


enjoy a smile and a coke.....


We spent quite a bit of time in there. I tell you, if you are ever in the area, you must visit this place, you'll find what your looking for and at a fair price. Why the Mistress even found the perfect pitcher for lemonade! My $9 steal. How perfect and summery is this?

15 comments:

  1. That pitcher is adorable. How come you never take me to these places when I'm in Harrisburg???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mistress, what a good day that looked like! Thanks for the tour! Dame Courtneys place is quite the vintage home and it is very festive! She must have some swank parties. Now I need to travel with you for a week to see these things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet and hot color. Perfect, full of style and chic! LOVE Dame Courtneys place and what a lovely day spent together! And that pizza looks just so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that pichter you found Mistress! My grandmother had many pieces like that. The whole day sounds so fun and Dame Courtneys townhouse? I love it sooo much! The wall color is lovely, and everything in the room just compliments each other!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool vintage lamp with red shade (or vintage looking maybe?). that would be the first thing furnishing my house! I love it. I would love to see the Dame's wears in their! Sounds like a loverly day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a price for that pitcher! It looks perfect with the lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again, I can't thank you enough for these pics and taking us with you. These shots were the most fabulous hit for my style addiction! Please keep on sharing your wonderful weekends with us -- so enjoy it. And the Dame's place is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to mix old and new together, since I don't care to have everything new or old! Sounds like you two had a good time. I may have to check out the sledworks sometime when I get up that way! And cuban cigars! We need to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mistress Maddie #1 Fan7/12/2010

    WOW...could there be more style packed into both the house and the personal style of the Dame?! I love a good vintage find and love me a good diner! And it serves cocktails!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7/12/2010

    Great photos!! Looks like a fab day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wholy moly is it a bad thing that I remember that coke machine? And can you believe that I have never been to the sled works? I will have to stop there sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun tour you gave us! Now I want to go there and see for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Joy you would just love it! They even had knitting things and antique knitting supplies! And you would have loved the diner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was a lovely tour Maddie. Glad you had such a rewarding visit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that lemonade pitcher is to-die! so cute ~ and good for iced tea or oj, too. i love going thrifting, but i always end up w/ way more than i can incorporate into my life... i just can't pass up a great find at an amazing price: no restraint (story of my life).

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!