Monday, September 28, 2009

Pucker Lips!

Well another weekend has come and gone and the Mistress was pretty busy with some extra house chores. Changing out all the candles to more of a fall scent, and adding some old fashioned cast iron pumpkins around for the coming of fall. Then there was my favorite- cleaning of the windows. I hate doing it, but after the spring and summer seasons it was time to get it done for fall. I usually hate when summer ends,, as I'm a summer person, but I have to admit I'm ready for the season to change now as that means more hearty cooking ahead with the likes of London broils, New England pot roasts ,and potatoes cooked every which way. Last night for instance the house was lit with candles for the Boy-Toy's birthday where I made him his favorite dish- Stuffed Peppers! And with that we had some red wine given to us as a gift some time ago. And boy, did our lips ever pucker!



You know the look. Was it ever so sweet. And when you twirled the wine in the glass it just clung to the sides without coming down the sides of the glass, which means a very heavy sugar content. It reminded me of the stuff my Dad use to drink!



Now I don't know about y'all but the Mistress lover herself a nice dry to extra dry wine. White or red. But I think the real problem is when Kailyn took us to the Sonoma and Napa Valley's for wine tasting this past summer. Viansa Winery, I believe has us spoiled!!! Tootles!

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/28/2009

    We had a crappy summer here in Minneapolis. So I feel cheated. But there is something cozy about the feel of fall coming in. I can already feel my nesting insticts kicking in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B-Day to BoyToy. My SIL is the same, hates to see summer go. I loves the fall and October is my favorite month. I looked at flowers for the table today and decided nope it is time to put candles on the table. Already have them around the living room and some JackBeLittle pumpkins on the stepback cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dry wine is the best wine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Manischewitz! Yuck. That stuff is awful! Sounds like you guys like your wine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roz? ... I just CAN'T... :)

    "BON jour ... bon JOUR..." ...

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honey Manischewitz is the bomb!! Girl I'm so country I hate wine that doesn't have the sugar content of a Big Red (Soft drink from Texas)
    Happy Birthday BToy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first drunk, at of all things a cast party for Peter Pan when I was 14 years old, was Mogan David & 7up. I got smashed & laid.
    I now buy wine for an upscale gourmet store for a living... but I still enjoy a cheap drunk, once this summer I had Carlo Rossi Chardoonay in a tumbler with ice cubes. Classy, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephen- Hell no I loves it! I have been known to do a 40 of beer or two in my day!

    Mame- That damn Roz! She's at it again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love fall and spring! Don't like sweet wine so much.

    Do you and BT do your own cleaning and yard work or have someone do it? I pay someone to do my yard and don't like to do any gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like a sweet wine...adn I would love to visit you in the fall Maddie, cuz i know you put on a good Fall show!!!

    love you!!!

    XOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you becoming a wino? There is an old country song ...I'm going to hire a wino to decorate my home..." This could be your new slogan.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!