Monday, February 20, 2012

Bon chic, bon genre....Anything Goes



I do believe everyone at last night's dinner thought the Mistress was plum crazy! I came across some pictures my mother gave me, I'm slowly trying to get them organized, and one of them was a vintage Citroen that my father had right before he met my mother. It was my grandfathers. I have no idea why he would have gotten rid of such a beauty, or what even happened to it. If only he knew he would have a gay son! Well, at dinner I told everybody I would love to own one of these beauties as my carriage, how chic! I even showed them the picture, the car was similar to the white one in the picture below. Most said they wouldn't be caught dead driving something so eccentric looking, but with me they know anything goes. How can you not love this fashionably chic little carriage?



The Citroen was founded in 1919 by French industrialist André-Gustave Citroën, Citroën was the first mass-production car company outside the USA, and pioneered the modern concept of creating a sales and services network that complements the motor car. Within eight years Citroën had become Europe's largest car manufacturer and the 4th largest in the world. The Citroen was a ground-breaking car that not only had beautifully elegant coachwork but was also bristling with advanced technology, and a sleek design. They could be seen all over the French roads and the high roads of Monte Carlo, as well as Europe. Yes, I do believe I could drive one of these. Lucky for my father is he departed.



I have visions of the Mistress in the convertible, you know for the weekend get-aways!





A matching set for pete's sake..... maybe for the houseboys?



I swear, sometimes I think the Mistress was left behind from another era. I'm heading to the Rodin Museum later to view some sculpture. How fun would it be to drive this in town, or for those fun summer road trips to take unlikely adventures? After all,unlikely adventures require unlikely tools!

16 comments:

  1. You are positively dripping with STYLE, Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curiously classic, chic, AND cool car design! Yes, I so can see you driving one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! You would drive one if your father hadn't parted ways with it! I would love to drive a Citroen Metropolis just once, do you think they will ever build it or sell in the USA again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What the hell! Do I look like one of those car info magazines?

      Delete
  4. fantastic, I see some from time to time in Brazil sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's funny is a just saw one of these for the first time about a week ago. Very eye catching! I wondered what is was. Shame your father got rid of it. They are very sleek , but retro at the same time. I say go get one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are nice cars now too, but I don't think we will ever see this kind of chicness again. I have visions of the mIstress with big Chanels and a turban wrapped head driving it!!!! LOVE THE POST, how fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you have seen me on the streets!

      Delete
  7. Anonymous2/20/2012

    Citroens are cool looking cars. I haven't seen one in person since childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hunky driver better be a short little fellow, aren't these low cars? But they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A perfect example of French design. Beautiful, subtle, understated, yet bold enough to turn heads. That thing is a legend. You and the car have a lot in common Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Cali, but dear one, your already in the will!

      Delete
  10. My mom owned a DS21 with the inset lights and two independent frogs eye lights. I prefer these models more. This vehicle went beyond the pale of comparison. It wasn't just luxury, but luxury personified. Was it complicated and finicky to fix? You bet it was. But anything that advanced is going to have some issues. if someone still owns one...they're one lucky bastard!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't say I ever saw one of these before, but they are sharp!!! Love the design of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you ever get one....ROADTRRRRRIP!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You would look so lovely behind the wheel of a Citroen.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!