Monday, September 13, 2010

Here's One for The Bucket List



At work right now, we have one of our huge events going on which brings tons of business to us. As part of the event, we are offering several exotic trips which of course, we aren't eligible. One of the trips is to one of my dream locales, Buenos Aries! Why oh why can't we be eligible? It's just soooooooo beautiful, all the tasty, wonderful, cuisine, the spicy nightlife, and the men ,of course! The trip is for two for a week and the accommodations are at the swanky Alvear Palace Hotel, all in the downtown area. This Cosmopolitan city where the tango was born is steeped in the sophistication and elegance of its European roots, charmingly interwoven into its undeniable Latin American essence. In a city of contrasts, it all combines to create a unique style which is reflected at every street corner. The Alvear Palace Hotel is a luxury hotel located in Avenida Alvear in Recoleta, an upscale neighbourhood in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The hotel was inaugurated in 1932 and, following extensive refurbishment, was re-inaugurated in 1994. The Alvear Palace is known as the most elegant hotel in Buenos Aires, surrounded by impeccable restaurants, boutiques and it is only five minutes away from the financial district. Luxuriously decorated in Empire and Louis XV style they offer the following services: Butler service, Hermes de Paris toiletries, flower arrangements and fresh fruits, cellular phone, direct fax line, DVD player and pc upon request, and access to Wi-Fi Internet. Get a gander at the elegant lobby and restaurants. Can't you just see Eva Peron sipping a cock-a-tail at the chic bar dripping in fur?





Care for a nice cigar or two and a strong stiffener? The Mistress love a nice Cuban to smoke.



I'm in love with these awesome staircases!








So who's in? I say we all go anyhow! Well, we can dream. Tootles!

10 comments:

  1. How do I enter? Because I'm not related to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/14/2010

    "Oh, dear sweet sainted Eva, please, please, please bless me with a tour of your beloved country." If you grant me this one indulgence I promise to kiss the smelly feet of your statue in Recoleta."

    Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Alvear Palace has a right to its snobbiness. It is exceptional. The best amenities, most amazing cafes and bars, greatest location. The butler services are great, as well as the concierge. Very helpful staff. I didn't want to eat out anymore, the food was so amazing. That must be why everyone from BA eats here! The rooms are grand, and equipped with Hermes toiletries. Recoleta is a wonderful area to stay in Buenos Aires. You have Cartier across the street, and are next to Hermes. Just a 3 minute walk to an all day every day market, which displays amazing handmade creations. You can buy sweaters and all kinds of gorgeous gifts. This market is in front of a great art gallery, Two blocks from the mausoleum in which Evita is buried. The rooms start around $300. This is definately the most expensive hotel in BA but definately the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, wouldn't this just be the dream trip. I have never been there, but I hear the city is more modern now than you would think. And the hotel is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will admit right up front that I have not stayed here. Probably never will, unless I win the lottery. But friends of mine have, and I have heard nothing but positive reviews so far. And hey, let's face it, with prices like these, the rooms, services and amenities should be perfect, and I hear they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's luxury! Simply impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mistress this is a little ritz for my blood but I might at least take a look inside and maybe have a coffee od cocktail in the lobby restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spent three nights there on bussiness years ago. My eyes roll to the back of my head when I think of their Sunday Brunch, so marvelous. (The Ritz in Boston is their only rival)
    Loved the room (may have been haunted, things disappeared and reappeared, twice) The lobby bar was great and one walks out the door to the bustling Recoleta and off you go to see a delightful city-

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in! I have always wanted to see Buenos Aires, it's so damn beautiful, and of course the men take me there too ;) But I won't be staying here unless I get a sugar daddy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful trip that would be! Wow! Have you been there? You must!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!