Friday, August 14, 2026

GRATUITOUS PRODUCE

 My friend and close neighbor, Brett has quite the produce garden. I'd never seen so much and variety. Snow peas, green beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, beets, corn, butternut squash, zucchini, regular squash, peppers, jalapeno peppers, and wildflowers. He often takes things to the farm market. I was over at his place the other evening. His tomato plants are up over his head, and he is 6' 2" I'd never seen tomato plants so big. He has given me many items already. I can make a meal of just vegetables and I'm happy. The other night he gives me two more produce items, a HUGE zucchini and an Armenian cucumber...


I couldn't believe the size!!! Of course, I told him they remind me to call the Greek twins. He said if they remind you of the Greek twins, we could both give them call! Meanwhile I enjoyed the zucchini the other night. I got three meals out of it.
 
Just like the Greek twins.

11 comments:

  1. Babes,
    I think the world is trying to tell you something.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine often said, "If one is good, two is better." So.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fresh garden produce ... and Greek twins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My tomatoes are finally ripe, much later than normal. Having watering bans doesn't help, not to mention that we are now under drought restrictions while the water company's executives get (expletive here) pay rises.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, how fortunate you are to have a neighbour with huge... amounts of produce.

    I really dislike courgette (as zucchini is known here), and I'm not a fan of cucumber either. Perhaps those Greek twins could show me what I'm missing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jerry has a couple of raised beds and has cherry tomatoes and cucumbers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cucumber and fresh greek yogurt,

    ReplyDelete
  8. People must know you just love and are ad-dicked to anything phallic! But I too in the summer can make a meal of just veggies...raw, steamed, baked or sautéed....doesnt matter how.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does an Armenian cucumber taste like an English cuke? Asking for a friend...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was wondering if that food was being used for its intended purpose! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!