Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Stumble Down Madsion Ave



It was a relaxing weekend and much needed, as the Mistress and team were on the run last week. Every year we take a week and do the city by window shopping and visiting the showrooms to take a peak at the latest merchandise, and to see how they are merchandising their boutiques. Our store carries most of the merchandise of the places we visit, so we try to keep their image brand right, and carry their image through to our store. Plus there are also meetings we tend to to keep abreast of the latest trends. Luckily, I stayed with the Lad in New Jersey, so it cut down on my commuting back and forth each day. But I always miss my own place. It was nice to get home. Good ole Casa du Borghese, always so loyal, it just sits and waits for me to return. Some of the sites from the week...

The elegant Ralph Lauren.....




Some high class dames Buster would love to lunch with....and those were fur coats!!!!



The Tory Burch showroom.




I absolutley love the facade of the entrance of the chic apartment house, which was was designed by Gilbert Brown, who followed suit with Andrew Carnegie, who began the four-year long construction of his brick Georgian mansion in 1899, far north of the established Millionaire’s Mile, and the affluent took notice. In seeking open air, garden space, and a view of Central Park, Carnegie initiated a trend of building in the area which would become known as Carnegie Hill. Mansions and luxury apartment buildings began replacing squatters’ shacks, farmhouses and tenement buildings as the wealthy moved north. Gilbert Brown, recognizing the trend and the opportunity, quickly purchased the large lot of land at the northeast corner of Madison Avenue and 90th Street where he would build an elegant and exclusive apartment building.



Hermes's new location of all mens collections.



A stop at what reminded me of heavenly white....Lanvin.




Eton of Sweden's had a great selections of men's wear and some unique ways to merchandise the men's furnishings.






Up next was Burberry......





Burberry was a lovely stop to make. Our point person gave us the grand tour of their fairly new showroom, and it is quite stunning. Set up very haberdasher if you will, which I love. The way things are laid out always gets me, and romances me to investigate everything. And then the whole week got to me and my wallet. A beautiful trench coat called my name, it whispered sweet nothings to me........





.....so it went home to the casa with me.What sold me on the trench were two things. First I always needed a grown-up proper trench, after all, I'm almost, err, I'm not stupid, I'm not revealing, but I did need a good trench and the shoulder detail always gets me, as it gives me more shoulder. Now it was a small investment, but since paying off my car, Andora, and becoming her Mistress, I have been banking the funds like I was still making a car payment, so I decided to reward myself and take the plunge!

And if you read of any streakers, flashing persons, I swear it isn't me! Tootles!

25 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/06/2012

    Great call on the Burberry trench. I love their stuff, especially Burberry Brit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your informative blog. More power to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Fun to hitch along. And the doggie fur coats... Abby is jealous. Tar you would need to skin a grizzly bear or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the windows/divider (not quite sure which) in the Burberry plaid. And love those doggy fur coats too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debs, they were actual window scrims, think stickers, but you can move them easily for placement. I love the look.

      Delete
  5. Try not to leave this jacket on a bar stool!

    XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mame, if I lose this one, please just kill me, push me in front of a cab!

      Delete
  6. Anonymous3/06/2012

    If you need any tips on proper flashing ettiquete, drop me a line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes please, im all about doing it in the ettiquete manner.

      Delete
  7. wow those were some beautiful places you photgraphed and if I knew more about fashion i'm sure I could leave a much more intellgent response

    ReplyDelete
  8. I WISH that Lanvin was my own personal dressing room!!! I don't think I'd ever leave the house, except to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to sit in any one of those shops in a chair and choose which clothing I was going to buy from a personal shopper when they brought it to me.

    Dreammmm.......but I LOVE your trench,,,sharrrrrp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Sharp coat. You sure have some great taste! Looks like it was a good week. Now go start flashing.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE JIMMY CHOO!!!!!! Nothing like shopping on Park and Madsion, and I had heard the new Burberry shop is stunning, thanks for sharing your week. Enjoy your new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ummmmmm, am beyond excited about going to do some shopping now....I love Lanvin and Burberry's clothing. You have the coolest job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the boutiques are just divine. What beautiful surroundings to shop in!!! I love going up there to shop, and the Ralph Lauren mansion is beyond stunning! And you have great taste in thrench!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like an amazing day, almost puts me in the mood to go shop. Now we need picture with the coat on, please.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beatuiful trench, great choice. I went up to Madsion Ave in this winter and oh, I did the unimaginable and went for it, shop all day, but my credit card was crying big time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That would be amazing to shop there all day. I can just imagine myself sipping champagne while taking in the loveliness.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now we know that trench will be worn with calvins underneath and that's it!!! Love all the architecture of the Brown building!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I awlays think of you when I walked down these streets!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, must be such a fun job to go to these different boutiques and have fun in gorgeous settings like these! Have a glam week Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have such a beautiful and interesting job! love it! WHAT do you do? Love also all the building townhouse shots, such beautiful architecture.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!