Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Departing...with The Smelling Salts



I'm already to depart for the long Thanksgiving weekend. I'll be departing tomorrow for my ancestral home, complete with Buster Bolfig Borghese, three houseboys, suitcases, two hat boxes and the.....well you get the point! You just never know what kind of ensemble you will be in the mood to wear. And the smelling salts are for my estranged, traditional aunt, who we have not really seen in years!!!!! A long story. She shocks easily, and reminds me of Aunt Pitty Pat from Gone with the Wind. With my other eccentric aunt, my mother and I one never knows what will come out of our mouths! We will be attending dinner at my favorite aunt and uncle's home, where she is like Martha Stewart. We will also be joined by some of her kids as well. She is having the traditional bird, with all the sides fixings, all made from scratch. She started making the breads and pies yesterday I understand. The dinner usually starts with cock-a-tails for two hours before we eat, so everyone is lit before dinner.



Since I like to cook, I'm one of the few the aunt will allow in the kitchen to taste test, I mean , help with preparations.



Of course we will all be there when the bird comes out of the oven, and this is where my aunt, from the gin, will start yelling at everyone to get the hell out of the kitchen!



Then later after seconds and thirds, cock-a-tails, some wines and dessert, the Mistress will retire to lay about swanky in some corner on a chaise lounge, trying to hold in my stomach. So a bid you a farewell and will return in early December, as I'll be off for a week, and then have some travel, and some sights to see in New York City at our store and others to view their holiday windows, not to mention a busy social season starting.


So I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

32 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have alot of family tradion there! Sounds like your family is a riot! Please do have a wonderful Thanksgiving, I'll miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mistress, you sure do get around and don;t be gone too long!!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Sooooo you in the chaise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Turkey Day and safe travels!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh No the Mistress on the move again. You should take the Lad with you, he'd work off the food!!!!! Have a wonderful time and holiday dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11/22/2011

    I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving and a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time with your family and don't choke on too much bird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is an imaginary line in my mother's house. Everyone knows where it is and does not dare to cross it unless told that it's OK to do so. One family friend would taunt her every year. But this would be for Christmas. I haven't spent Thanksgiving with my mother since some time around 1983.

    Have a great weekend with your mom. And remember. Stay off the roof unless you know you have your cellphone with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving to you Mistress!

    Make sure that your aunt doesn't land on Buster when she faints. Have fun, be safe, and take lots of pictures of NY. You'll be missed.

    Huggs
    CoreyJo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a Faboosh holiday.

    Smooch Aunt PittyPat for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was going to say take the Lad with you, he'll work the meal off! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I only plan on eating and drinking..no cooking for me this year :) We'll miss ya Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow love the pictures !!! great post !!! You family sounds alot like mine darling! Happy Thanksgiving and don't forget to take your bromide.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our family is going out for lunch on thanksgiving so somebody else has made the plans and that's a big yay! Sahe travels and a wonderful day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I see your off again!!!! Happy thanksgiving to you!! I would love to see a video of your dinner,lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don't choke on too much bird Mistress, but your talented so I have no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a Wonderful
    Thanksgiving.....so thankful for loving family and friends! And you entertaining bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am planning the Thanksgiving menu for the first time! Lots of traditional faves on the menu:) Wish me luck! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy thanksgiving to you. yum, best meal of the year as far as i'm concerned! Both your aunts sounds like a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  20. HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you, Mistress, and to all your American blog readers and my American friends!! We, Canadians, are still eating the leftovers from our Thanksgiving so here's hoping you will get through yours a little soooner

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Thanksgiving Lovely Mistress B! ...and a heartfelt "Thank you" for your wonderfully, sometimes cheeky, sometimes thoughtful, always entertaining, sex talk, and gorgeous blog!! XXXXX's Sam

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have a good thanksgiving dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't wait!! I am definitely eating lots of foood!!! My fave meal of the whole year! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and don't be gone too long!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A Blessed Thanksgiving to you fabulous Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Have a Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous11/23/2011

    Sounds like the perfect combination of Food, Family, and Spirits!!! (did I miss the mention of SEX in there???) Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving, and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Have a wonderful break and get some nice new york pictures! And don't overfill on bird!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hope your having a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!!,wink!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hope all is fine with lovely you.
    Sorry for my absence in comments, I've been too busy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really love that The Mistress travels lite.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous11/30/2011

    Come back to us Mistress Maddie!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!