Thursday, June 2, 2011

Some Time at the Flea Market



Today after work the Mistress decided to stop at Rice's Market, which is a huge flea market and produce farmers market and is very well known on the East coast. My mission was to find some bud vases to place just a few stems in. So after work I made the trip and was not let down. The place was packed with shoppers wheeling and dealing over items, antique spotting, woman getting all giggly over the handbag rip offs and HOT items and enjoying the vast array of food offerings. The cupcakes are to DIE FOR! And how great is the clock in the above picture! So wanted that. But Rice's Market is big business here in Buck's. Thousands of people flock to Bucks County's largest and oldest market, where you can find almost any item from antiques,jewelry,clothing,flowers,furniture to zucchini! You name it! Over the years, the market has evolved from primarily a produce market to an outdoor bargain-hunter's paradise( did you hear that Kailyn?) offering some of the most famous brand names in clothing, household and gift items, antiques, hand made collectibles, real and dried flowers, baked goods, and other food items, all at prices that can't be beat. On a typical market day, Rice's Market will host as many as 700 vendors and 15,000 shoppers. Looking for drawer pulls? No problem. Feast your eyes on some of the snaps I took...........








A drag queens dream come true with the nail polish. Each one is $1! Pick a color!





My main reason for going was to look for three bud vases, for clippings. Goal achieved and each was $2! They fit in nice with my apothecary jars, and I even got flowers in them already. And they keep the quail company who is sitting in a nest built above the lemons!



Had to get more peacock feathers! It's a sign of Hera after all, and I just love myself a whole bunch of them to keep a "eye" on things.


I have a thing for pitchers, big time! Couldn't resist this black and white french pattern. Only $8!


I have no idea what I'll do with these, but I thought they were adorable and they pull the red out of a painting that is above the table.


If you ever get to the area let me know and the Mistress will give you the tour and plan on a whole day since their is soooooooooo much to see. Tootles!

16 comments:

  1. in love w/ that French pitcher, my partner Aaron chose a touile shower curtain that looks similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Todd so I see your patner has good taste in men and patterns!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl -

    One of those red hens would make a LOVELY hostess gift. Especially for one of your OOOOOOOOLDEST friends (who happens to love red kitchen shit).

    Just saying...

    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good flea market. I can't blieve what a find at them. But side note, I so need your help here with decor. Your place looks so intresting and nice. Anything you want for help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the best Flea Markets in the whole area! The outdoor vendors have everything, and I always tell everybody to make sure they take a lot of cash though, as you will find everything that you are looking, and then some. And I love your jars with the various things in them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, some great and intresting pictures and some really cool stuff in them. I so need to borrow you for like a week to help me get my place in order......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adore those jars you have done there, how neat! I too love a good flea market and the buys one can get at these things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a nice post! One of my favorite ways to spend a free day is at the flea market or bazaar's looking ...and browsing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous flea market and what fabulous finds.
    I'm green with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Rice's Market looks like the kind of place you could spend hours in, if not days. You found some cool things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Todd, that's a lovely pitcher! Flea markets gives me butterfly in my tummy, Mistress! ~Lurrve it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this looks so fabulous! I always find the best things at a flea market.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the treasure you found! I collect vintage cameras and I always find the best ones at a flea market. I have to check this out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, I adore those little hens!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, the flea market. And this one looks incredible. I love to do this on Saturdays, and it where I got most of my interior things. And I'm so loving the clock face.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, how much fun I could have at Rice's!! I love flea markets and swap meets. One of these days I'll have to check out Rice's, with the Mistress as my guide. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!