Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Butterfly Creation



It's was a busy week last week for the Mistress as she was preparing for yet another major visit which I'm pleased to say went extremely well! Not to toot our own horn, but pictures were sent out to the other stores on the treatments that got installed. The interior shots were very fun to come up with and install. It looks complicated but really wasn't, just more time consuming more than anything. The idea came from a butterfly sculpture I'd seen at a museum. Our whole team helped cut them out from recycled black paper, shipping paper, and old phone book pages. I then glued some together for a different effect, and then each was individually pinned to the wall. The whole thing took about two days, and since they were well received they will stay up for another three weeks as will the statements created for the trends white denim and short shorts. The last two pictures are of windows that also got installed one for the anniversary of Vera Wang and the other for the newly arrived Oscar de la Renta summer line at the store, which turned very playful with a game of crochet! And our painter couldn't have done any better with getting the correct vibrant colors we needed! Ahhhhhhh, just another week creating and playing in women clothes. Tootles!





16 comments:

  1. Very cool.
    And you should toot your own horn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loves the butterflies! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful work of arts! I wish I had had this job! Everyday must be a intresting time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mistress Maddie #1 Fan5/11/2010

    WOW! I don't know how you do it! I love the butterflies and wouldn't have the patience to do it. Beautiful work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never cease to amaze me with your work! I just couldn't do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a very talented designer, MM!
    I love your work. Thanks for a chance to see it.
    Hugs from Portland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coco de Mere5/12/2010

    I wouldn't expect anything less from you girl! You amaze me at times!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the crochet scene! And that butterfly wall is great! I wish you could do that on one of my walls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mistress, that is outstanding work! I want to come see your place in person! Your some talented girl! Love the fashion too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. God Gawd Mistress, I had no idea this is what you do for a living! I bet your drag is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shit girl, your giving me some wonderful ideas for some upcoming shows! What a talent you are. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. I bow to you,I had no idea this is what you did for your line of work. I'm a frickin diseater with clothing and no artist talent...that I know of.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning is all I have. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you have lots of fun with your creativity! You got talent.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Batina5/15/2010

    Love the utterflies and the Vera Wang display! You really are quite the talent!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Verynice work indeed! Where do you get these ideas from. My mind never had any creative to it. I would love to see more of your wrok.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!