Friday, October 9, 2026

CHILDSPLAY

 

One of fastest growing favorite fashion designers for me at least, has to be Robet Wun. If Im going to a runway show. I want drama, creative creations, and well-made garments, and pieces that could be transitioned into design for pedestrian wear. And it you want drama then you came to the right place, because he'll give it to you. Robert Wun's fall /winter showing was titled Childsplay at the Paris Galliera in Paris. This Hong Kong designer brought childhood imagination, memory and fashion nostalgia and wrapped it all up into one. The showing reimagined iconic characters and darker childhood motifs, ranging from Cinderella, to a "wolf" wool inspired tailored suit, which the Mistress would gladly wear if I was a power bitch, to Snow White in a cobalt gown with doves to Maleficent-esque dark silhouettes. Looks incorporated playful surrealist elements such as balloon adorned gowns, paint splattered textures, conical party hats, vibrantly colored space helmets, to stuffed animal accessories and spin art patterns. The House of Borghese give this showing all 10's! 10 10 10 10's across the board!


Now hit play and sit back and take in the wonder, delight and magic kids...

16 comments:

  1. Will he bring back the Mermaid look? Or will it only be the Pencil? That pantsuit is quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa.
    Delight and magic indeed!
    The construction.
    The concept.
    The references.
    I want that green number to go have tea with you.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous show; I like the whimsy of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! That pink greatcoat! I must have it... Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's both order it!!!!!!! It is sharp as a tact!!!!

      Delete
  5. I don't get it, but then again, I've never been into fashion, be it forward or retro or anything in between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you immediately with all the vibrant colors!

      Delete
  6. Bring back the Dior fashions of the 1950 where women were dressed to look their best, rather than expose most of their private parts (something designers don't do for men for some unknown reason) as happens nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I surmise we will never see the likes of those legendary fashions again. Although in this collection I can see influence from past fashion houses which is why I love this collection so much.

      Delete
  7. Totally Amazing Show

    ReplyDelete
  8. In three words ... That was mesmerizing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting and strange.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly magical and imaginative. There’s a woman online who does her own takes on DIY versions of some are these and they’re hiliarious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is definitely a mover and Shaker and one to watch for...since so many of the legendary greats are gone. It's such a fun and vibrant collection.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now THAT was a dramatic, futuristic runway show! I liked the vibrant colours and how Robert Wun used different textures in the same hue on each design, though my faves were the first glittery spatter ballgown and hot pink suit/greatcoat. The grey wolf suit immediately reminded me of Joan Crawford/Mildred Pierce, but those outfits at 13:20 looked like bouquets of giant condoms, french ticklers and rabbit vibrators, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!