Thursday, March 24, 2016

" I REALLY AM TOO MUCH"

 
Yesterday, March 23rd was Joan Crawford’s birthday. Which one? Well, we’re not quite sure—depending on the source, she was either born in 1905, 1906 or even 1908. Of course it doesn’t really matter—Joan was timeless. Either year, dear Joansy would be over a hundred. I have adored her since I saw the Women. I have never held that temper against her. Can you really blame the woman for beating that annoying brat with a wire hanger? Trust me, an annoying child is the last thing one needs with a good case of OCD and a gin hanger over. Hell, I'd done the same! Where ever you are Joan....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
“Send me flowers while I’m alive. They won’t do me a damn bit of good after I’m dead.”
 
“I never go outside unless I look like Joan Crawford the movie star. If you want to see the girl next door, go next door.”

"I need sex for a clear complexion, but I'd rather do it for love."

“Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.”
“Marlon Brando . . . Oh, what was the film [Last Tango in Paris] . . . anyway the nude scene. He’s at least 40 pounds overweight, and I think the only sex appeal he has would be to a meat packer. That’s art?”

"I think that the most important thing a woman can have - next to talent, of course - is her hairdresser."
 

14 comments:

  1. I give her a pass for being so crazy but she scratched her way up and had real raw talent and drive like you don't see today! Joan Crawford could truly ACT and she lit up a screen with her dramatics and class and the only one that could touch her talent was the legendary Bette Davis and that's why they were legendary rivals/enemies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally can't think of a better role model.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me, she was absolutely stunning in the 1931 movie 'Possessed'. She was totally in her prime, the best I've ever seen her look

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to learn more than just what seems to have survived in popular culture. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wherever she is ... it's real hot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always been a fan too. And I never put my clothes on wire hangers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well after all these years we still speak about her, isn't that a legend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So THAT'S your SECRET to clear skin!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, Joan Crawford and Lucille Ball are ny drag inspiration....and I'm not above using a wire hanger on kids either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday Joan. You have always been my role model for eye brow technique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the tribute!!!
    They don't make 'em like Joan anymore.

    I actually heard that she was born in 1904 - and changed the year to 1908 when she heard that Bette Davis was born in 1908.
    But who knows????

    ReplyDelete
  12. She was a wise woman, may her wisdom be kept alive through us!
    I've got a lot of work to do this morning so that I leave the house looking like Joan Crawford today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She was a great actress, but I'll always remember her for.... No. More. Wire. Hangars!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She was a decent actress... That feud with Bette Davis was so ridiculous. But, I suppose that's part of being named a Diva, eh?

    Have a terrific weekend, mistress. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!