Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy Birthday to Lady Bunny!



I just had to bring my holiday to a quick halt to wish my favorite drag queen and the most entertaining diva ever a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! If you have been reading awhile you know a just love the Lady Bunny. Granted, she can be downright vulgar and extremely dirty, and on her blog she will have a "click here" to take you to a way gross website, but I can't help it, she is just downright funny as hell and how can you not love the style. I have met Lady Bunny several times and while I'm sure she doesn't remember me from time to time (we both had way to many cock-a-tails), she has always been gracious and sweet, I just know the conversation had to be way out there. But I think that's why I like her so much. We both love the big hair, like to drink some good stiffeners, love the men, and both have loud mouths!



She began her career alongside Larry Tee and Ru Paul as a fixture on the Atlanta, Georgia gay scene where they arrived in New York City at the Pyramid Club in the early eighties, and Lady Bunny has reigned supreme as the grand dame of New York ever since. Since then, she has starred in many movies and various tv spots. She can currently be seen in Ru Paul's Drag U on Logo as one of the drag faculty, where she is the only saving grace on this horrid concept of a disappointment, and the handsome and sexy, Jack Mackenroth's project, The Queens of Drag NYC which has finally found a home on the Here!Network and gay.com starting September 8th.



So the Mistress would like to wish this crazy bitch a drunken Happy Birthday from the bottom of my gin bottle!!!! I hope your spending it with lots of hot papi's girl. And you can start it off with this toast-Here's to being single, seeing double, and sleeping triple!!!! And since I'm no where near New York City to drink with this ho, you can buy her a drink at the QUO for her birthday celebration tonight. I'll most likely be drinking my gin, making a toast to her whatever condition I'll be in. Now back to my regular vacation programming, I have a toga to make and a change in locale to ready for! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUN-BUN!!!




And how fun the Bun-Bun even had her portait done in mixed media by artist Olan, whose show,Metamorphosis,an exploration by the artist on the perceptions of feminine beauty, will forever be immotalized.

19 comments:

  1. Like her hair, the Lady Bunny is larger than life! She's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/13/2010

    I love Lady Bunny. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always liked and respected Lady Bunny, even though I have never met her. She has always been down-to-earth and compassionate. Happy Birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to the best Drag Queen in town! And Lady Bunny's commentary rocks. She is also such a good writer, smart commentator and not just a dazzling vision of gorgeousness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to the broad!!!! I love her.A day without Bunny is like a day without moonshine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Lady Bunny!!!! I can only imagine what will be going on at that party! And she isn't just a pretty face she stand up for all kinds of issues.Lady Bunny stand up for KFC chickens and goes down for cocks. Sorry I couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore her,Now THAT’S a LEGEND!!! Happy Birthday honey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8/13/2010

    Girlfriend can work a wig and a turntable! You mentioned you met her a few times. It reminded me of the time a friend of mine came to NYC to visit me for my birthday (when I lived there), and we went on a gay bar crawl. We ended up at Splash and a guy was standing next to me and talking to my friend Ed looked very familiar.

    After I joined their conversation I then realized it was Hedda Lettuce - out of drag. We all had a great time that night. I don't remember every detail, but I KNOW I had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now THIS is a drag queen! She has really made a name for herself and man is she funny as hell! I have seen her numerous times around the city and I'm in stitches everytime! Happy Birthday to you Miss Bunny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday darlin'! you are one sick queen with a big heart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lady Bunny has such an amazing charisma and glow! Not to mention she funny as hell!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh lady bunny is such a wit, there is no other! Happy Birthday U cheeky biatch!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to the Grandest Dame of them all! She is just fabluous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How long has she been around? I just love her to death, her big hair and that potty mouth! Have a good one Miss Bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here's hoping that the Lady Bunny enjoy too much booze,men and sex! What a legend she is! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's just as well your away, could you just imagine the mess of you two drinking!!!! THAT would be a handfull! The bun is the bomb though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE THE LADY BUNNY! hOPE SHE GETS EVERYTHING SHE WISHES FOR! And btw Mistress what a absolute fabulous blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Batina8/19/2010

    How did I miss this post!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Lady Bunny! Well, I hope she had a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!