Thursday, February 13, 2014

SNOWY LIFE AT THE CASA

After my last post, I had a bloody Mary, then sans the sleepwear and went back to bed to enjoy some nice slumber! I could almost get use to these snow days. I've had one almost every week now for the last three weeks. I then got up and had a huge breakfast of sunnyside up eggs, a slice of ham, home fries, and two pancakes!!!!! Currently the snow has subsided, after getting 14" mixed with sleet. We are to get another 2-4" again later tonight on the backside of the storm. With all these varying degrees of inches, I've never felt more like a prostitute!!! This was the site outside the one boudoir window this morning.....

 
In between the snow in the warming, the snow melts. But when it freezes again it has frozen the gutters shut, creating these very long crystal icicles!!!!! I couldn't even get the length in the picture....
 
 
This was last night....looks evil like no?
 
 
This morning while tending to the window sill feeding station I reached for one......look how long it is....
 
 
to be used later for a instant chilled stir for my gin and tonics....
 
 
Meanwhile the poor little birds are having a terrible time finding food. I filled my little containers for them, but with the high winds, the poor creatures are having a terrible time staying put on the window sill. Although these little tufted titmice were determined....
 
 
 
Power went out for about a half hour, but came on and has stayed on...thankfully. Last week's storm it was out for two days! But at the Casa the houseboys are staying warm by any means necessary....
 

28 comments:

  1. when you were talking about the length, nice to hear your talking about a icicle for a change. Nice shots though

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Gorgeous shots! And only you could see the beauty in this. I'm surprised your not staying warm in your favorite way!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mistress of the Casa is like a snow storm, you'll get 8" and he'll keep you inside all weekend!

      Delete
    2. That would explain why the Mistress fills jeans out so nicely and always looks happy......

      Delete
    3. maybe a visit to the casa is just what I need?

      Delete
    4. This was to be a nice snow post, you smutty minds!

      Delete
    5. Hmmmmmm, well that would explain when I met you your crotch kept showing it was 8:00.

      Delete
  3. Mistress. I LOVE IT ! When life hands you icicles you make gin and tonics with them!!!!! Cheers darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see your houseboys are at least resourceful! I also hear your into winter sports, like walking to the nearest warm bar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post honey!!!!! I feel so bad for you guys just a tad more north. Those icicles are amazing!!!! I just hope no body in under them when they fall! YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using icicles for the gin and tonics? That's badass. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sooooooooo over this crap! I wish I took in in stride like yourself. Your an inspiration to finding beauty in everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhhhh, the warming of the fresh smell of houseboy!!!! But Mistress, that thing aint no stir,,,,it's a weapon! Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. don't stick that icicle where the sun don't shine! ;-b

    like you, I am so over this white shit. we have heat and electricity, wine chilling in the fridge, pasta and meatballs for dinner, and an orange cake for dessert!

    it's back to work tomorrow. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't think I'll be needing that honey!

      Delete
  10. The city is a mess. The snow is much more picturesque where you are. Those birds are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My, what big... icicles you have.

    You certainly know how to handle a snow day. A gin and tonic, ingenious use of frozen rods (of water), photography, enjoying the wildlife - good on you.

    The storm arrived here a couple of hours ago, and is currently adding more snow to the woods. There's a fire in the wood stove and a rum in my hand, so staying warm for now.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you handsome! I would say you have helped find the beauty in this cold season.

      Delete
  12. Talk about chestnuts roasting over a open fire! I would have to experience a winter sometime, but it looks so pretty, you have such great shots! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The other day icicles were falling off the roof causing an All Dog Alert at every crash.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, Im with the rest of you! I'm so over this winter, but Mistress, you always have such an eye for beauty and creatively mixing a cocktail.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely winter post! What else can one do but enjoy, as we have no control over it. Those icicles are amazing, but it doesn't surprise me in the least your drawn to anything phallic. And the birds are so dear.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wouldn't the houseboy be more comfortable in your bed?

    ReplyDelete
  17. wouldn't the houseboy be more comfortable in your bed?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!