Sunday, February 16, 2014

MY HELPFUL HINTS

My close friends always laugh at my helpful hints, and they have helped them in some pinches. So here are my top four delights to pass along.....
 
 This can be a daunting dilemma , the table setting. The last thing one needs is Phoebe Bixler spreading rumors over your improperly set table. Or stumble over what silver to use, looking confused You damn well know Rozz Midgley will tell the whole club. Whether having a dinner party or going to attend one here is a easy diagram......
 
 
  and when using the silverware just remember to start with the silver from the inside first to the outside.
 
When meeting people I have always prided myself remembering people's names. My trick?

 
I sometimes also will repeat the name three times in my head to drive the point. But if I am having a number of libations, all bets may be off.
 
Dressing up to go out. I never step outside till I'm complete ready from head to toe, showered and  primped.......even to the grocery.....
 
 
for one never knows who you may run into. It could be a hot man giving me looks of interests, or my next husband.... and never let a sworn enemy see you unkempt, they will just spread rumors of you looking like a hag.
 
The Hitch Hiker
 
 
 no matter how tempting a hitchhiker looks, never pick one up. I don't care how the package looks, these days it's just too dangerous. And when they start to roll a joint, and ask if they can show appreciation for the lift, if you catch what I'm stepping in, don't do it. But that's another story.

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips. I always have issues with the table settings, I'm saving this for future reference.

    I'm horrible at remembering names. It's especially stressful being in retail. I have so many regular customers, this tip will come in handy.

    I agree about always looking your best. You will never see me at the grocery store in sweats. I not only do it for me, but I do it for my man.

    One question about hitchhikers, I know not to pick them up. Can I pull over and "chat"? Just asking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I know I love you, I love that you still want to look your best even though your attached! I was like that too. Too many give up once they reel in the big catch. And I don't recommend the chat, he could be a sly one.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the tips. I had no idea what all that silverware was for but now I know.

    I'll never pick up a hitch hiker. I have the Rutger Hauer movie "The Hitcher" to thank for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though at times there is a lot of cutlery, don't think of pocketing any. A meticulous hostess knows her inventory.

      Delete
  3. My problem is when I can't even remember the names of people I know well. Curse you, middle age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that what I have to look forward too?

      Delete
  4. come the next morning, after libations and many at that, aren't you embarrassed about waking up next to that man and saying Who the hell is this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear, thats why one writes the name of the guy's name on one's palm the night before, so when you yawn and stretch , you can read the name and say" Good morning Pablo, how did you sleep?"

      Delete
  5. Your absolutely right about the table setting. Nothing like one wrong placed serving piece to start the chatter at the country club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or getting sauced and getting caught in the broom closet with Bird Steinware's husband!

      Delete
  6. You my dear have cleared up plenty for me today. Now about that hitchhiker?

    ReplyDelete
  7. A hitchhiker? Why do I have the feeling it ended in bed? Or a backseat quickie. The name thing should come in real handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you both, inquiring minds always want to know.

      Cali Boi, you meet so may guys this tidbit will be about as useful to you as a glass hammer.

      Delete
  8. may i use my fish fork on the road kill?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your obviously dinning in the wrong places tootes.

      Delete
  9. I'm giving Carlos the 'What was your name?' tip because he's awful at remembering names and doesn't know how to ask.
    That tip is perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!