Thursday, February 13, 2014

10 REASONS I LOVE ANNA WINTOUR

 Before I start this post, I must share that we are having yet another massive snow storm here, errrrrr, another 10-15" expected with high winds and a temp of 19 degrees!!!!! Have y'all sensed my over this yet? The snow is piling up and the icicles on my eves are as long as my arm. I feel like I may be in a snow prison soon!!!! But it is pretty, I must admit, and I'm staying warm....like Anna....


Love her or hate her, Anna Wintour has definitely put her stamp on the fashion industry not only in the U.S but all over the world. Condé Nast announced that Anna Wintour would become the “artistic director” of the company and that she will be a consultant on editorial decisions with all of Condé Nast titles. Not only is she going to oversee Condé Nast’s fashion titles but their general interest publications as well which include Architectural Digest, Vanity Fair, and The New Yorker.
Already a institution in the fashion world as the editor-in-chief of Vogue, one of the largest fashion publications in the world Anna Wintour become a pop cultural icon in 2006 with the release of "The Devil Wears Prada" starring Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. I have always loved Anna which as you can imagine people's looks!!!! And the documentary September Issue is very entertaining to watch, I highly recommend seeing that.
 
 
1- Her creativity. Her ides for fashion spreads, with help of Grace Coddington are downright stunning. And her ideas and creativity have turned Vogue back into a powerhouse legend.
 
2- Anna is a very discipline woman; she has a routine that she follows every day: She is up before 6 am, plays tennis; she has her hair and makeup done and then she gets to Vogue's offices by 8:00 am. Sounds like my day...except the tennis. I have a work out routine I do.


3- She rarely stays at parties for more than 20 minutes at a time and gets to bed by 10:15 every night. I love that, She leaves a fashionable impression most likely and getting to bed that time gives one plenty of sleep...no wonder she looks so good. Sleep is important in aging.


4- Girlfriend  is a huge fan of “Fur” and let’s just say she is not PETA’s favorite person. While I am mixed on fur, I must admit to buying a few fur scarves, they are extremely warm in this harsh winter this year. If the animal is used for not only fur but also for other uses like food I'm fine, but killed just for fur, that's another story. But she does look great in it and can pull it off. She may have even dinned on a few PETA members.
 
5- Anyone, anyone, who can tell Oprah Winfrey to dropped the sweet rolls, back away from the table and dump the weigh to be on a cover of a magazine and she does it....that's pretty damn powerful, and a miracle.


6-She has been wearing her signature hair style ( a bob ) since she was 14 years old (she is 63 now), if you are doing the math in your head that’s 49 years, wow…now that’s impressive! And how sure she is not to give into a hair trend.
 
7- Anna Wintour is known for her unique editorial style of being aloof and demanding perfection from people who work for her. I think it's great to want perfection in the workplace and work, I can appreciate that in my line of work.
 
8- Having been dub the "unofficial mayoress' of New York City by The Guardian, Wintour is widely recognized as a power broker. Can you even imagine her tell New Yorkers their getting a dress code!!!!


9- Anna has been known to throw her weight around for causes she deems worthy like when she ordered Donald Trump to let Designer Marc Jacobs use the ballroom at the Plaza Hotel.
 
10- As of 2005 it was reported Anna's annual salary was at $2 million with perks like a chauffeured Mercedes, $200,000 thousand dollars shopping allowance, and the Coco Chanel Suite at the Hotel Ritz in Paris while attending the European Fashion Weeks,  and an interest free $1.6 million loan from Conde Nast to buy her new townhouse in Greenwich Village. Who wouldn't love that!!!! She's good.


ok so there is an extra one... 11- and I love her most for not giving the Kardashians the time of day. You can tell she is repelled by them and their morals and lifestyle, and I love Anna even more for not letting that fat ass Kim on a cover, and lets face it, who wants to waste extra print and paper and buy a double issue to even fit her ass on a single cover!!!! And love that she snubs her at events. That's my REAL LOVE for her!!!

26 comments:

  1. Anyone at the top of their profession must be extremely disciplined. It's the key to success alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her.
    She scares me.
    I wanna be her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be scared, just gird your loins honey.

      Delete
  3. Back in the 80s my Dad's paper mill made the paper for Vogue (and other publications). He would get sheets of the next printing so they could keep an eye on quality control. My mom and I were thrilled we were seeing the next issue of Vogue before it hit the stands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a fun story to hear. Everyone probably wondered how you knew the fashion trend so quickly.

      Delete
  4. Love or Hate... you have to admire and respect someone for building an iconic career on skill and talent.

    Are you listening Kim?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell, not even with her brilliant mind, would she want to try to figure out how to fit that ass on a cover.

      Delete
  5. That she won't give Kim a cover is reason enough to love her!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post!!! Those are some great reasons!

    Being in charge of the top magazine in the US is probably. very hard! you have to be at least a little bossy to make the magazine great otherwise it wouldn't be great...also if the magazine goes down she could lose her job to another person since she took the job of the former editor and chief before her...it's very hard to be in the fashion industry but I work there so I'm used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This woman just facinates me, and she looks great for her age. meanwhile this latest storm is really wreaking havoc! But I'm enjoying the warm stay in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what some entertaining reasons!!!!! I too have always loved and respected her. I think is never easy for a woman to make it to the top of the corporate world, even in this case when the corporate world is fashion. The owners are almost always men. Therefore, from the beginning she had to be very smart, decisive and hardworking. She had to exceed expectation, be tough, creative and never show too much emotion. It is a tough world for women to want to make it to the top. The September Issue is a great movie to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy you do like it rough huh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to ask Anna one question "Have you in your career met anyone you would like to take the Vogue baton when you decide to pass it on?" Your reasons or very good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shes got the face of a giraffe, but she's got the sexiest goddamn fucking hairstyle and fashion sense ever freakin made, and for that alone she gets me so rock hard vote. And the kim thing tickles me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved that she TOLD Donald Trump she would be using the ballroom for Marc Jacobs, I like that no one seems to intimidate her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't get why people think she's a bitch. I think she's totally awesome! Yes, her comments might sometimes come off has rude, but they are her perspectives, and sometimes, she does have a point. What's the problem with demanding employees to dress fashionably? It's equivalent to requiring employees to dress in suits and ties to work in an office. I think Devil Wears Prada over-exaggerated her character a bit. She doesn't seem as cold as Miranda. Besides, bitches get things DONE! Look at Vogue!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a lot of respect for her. She's like me. I don't take sh*t from no one. We're bitches? I'll own that word. I've been called much worse.

    I also love that Anna doesn't give the Kardashians the time of day. I don't hate them for their morals. I hate that they got rich(er) and famous while not having any discernible talent.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Somebody should ask her if she did date Bob Marley for a week.The story goes,she was madly attracted to Bob as they were first introduced

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't surprise me in the least, as she was quite a fixture on the London club scene

      Delete
  16. She is great a true professional ,polite,hard-worker,she is so forward.A true inspiration., and I love that she can really help new and fledging designers who sometimes need that extra help. Just wish see was a bit more loosen up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally agree with you with your reasons for loving her!!! Just because she's not a man she's called bitch. Your morning routine doesn't include sex? I'm shocked!

    ReplyDelete
  18. She seems like an elitist to me. I am not such a fan of her, but admire her accomplishment nonetheless

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah, yes - "Nuclear Wintour" we used to call her, when we were gals together in North London Collegiate School in Enfield... Jx

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!