Sunday, February 23, 2014

MY PREDICTIONS FOR RUPAULS DRAG RACE 6

HEY EVERYBODY..... it's the Mistress obviously!!! Is everyone as excited as Norma and I about the new season of RuPaul's Drag Race starting?  If you missed my preview from December, I've re-tool the post for one last look and to include my predictions. It will be interesting to see how my views and opinions may change as the season goes on. I am using my knowledge of drag, queens that I have seen in person, and from you tube videos for the ones I didn't know. And A HUGE THANK YOU for all your comments on the previous post!!!! So lets switch gears from dick to drag!!!!!
 
Adore Delano

Adore was  on American Idol, and didn't win. But love that she gave Simon so much lip. I LOVE IT! She seems funny, pretty and seems to have a wide range of looks. I don't think people will like her at first, she will be the Willam of the season, we will grow to like her.  She is young and fresh, and is pretty new to drag. Puts a new spin on things. I think she will place top 5.
 
April Carrion
 
She is our Puerto Rico queen this season, and for once we get one WITHOUT a language barrier!!! This girl looks damn fierce, has good fashion sense and seems very lively. I think she will do well if she steps out of her zone, and can hold her own with some of the stiff competition this season.
 
 
Ben de la Crème
 
She is very good friends with last years winner Jinkx Monsoon. She is full of life, humor, and seems like a lot of fun, has some retro fashion sense, and bares a uncanny resemblance to Michelle Visage. There is a spice about her, and I think she will go far in Drag Race, but I don't know how she will do in the runway challenges, as her style is close to Jinkx.
 
Bianca del Rio
 
 
I FRICKIN LOVE THIS BITCH! She is funny, the biggest bitch ever in a good,  fun way, and has lashes for days!!!! Very old school drag, which is nice, but will Ru be looking for this, or something new? She also has killer looks, wigs and great make up technique. And when it comes to the Reading Challenge, she should slay the other bitches! She has already worked with Lady Bunny, Sherry Vine and Kelly Mantle,  and has a hilarious show in New York currently with Lady Bunny called Hot Mess.
 
Courtney Act
 
This is our queen from down under, and is already a HUGE HIT in Australia, on their version of American Idol. She is downright stunning, can sing for real so her lip synch's should be flawless. She is fishy as hell, and is the fourth honorary member of DWV, with Willam, Detox and Vicki Vox. Cute out of drag as well. She is already a front runner of the season and should place top three.
 
Darrien Lake
 
Darrien is Pandora Boxx's Drag Mother and has  worked with the very funny Kasha Davis. She is pretty well know here on the East coast and has a flawless look and fabulous wigs and is the season's big gal. She makes too many fat jokes, we get it, your fat. She need to step away from that and bring another humor. This will not be the year of the big girl.
 
Gia Gunn
 
Might be the real bitch of the season. She is painted well, very professional, and can dance like hell, throwing a wig around in a head twirl and keep it on!!! She is pretty good, but I don't think she is fierce enough against some other queens.
 
Josyln Fox
 
Seems pretty, and sweet, but when she opens her mouth she seems very bland. She annoys me already from a two minute video and does nothing for me. She seems like Tatianna from season two, and if she goes as far as she did,  then this is just bullshit. Just seems very dull and I do believe she will just blend in the wood grain with so many fierce queens this season. That said.... she is one hot boy!!!! He could call me if he wants.....
 
 
I think she just needs more time to perfect her style.
 
Kelly Mantle
 
Another very professional queen and already very accomplished. Kelly will be the Chad Michaels of this season as the senior queen. Kelly has many, many looks, great style, and will kill in the acting challenges. She can also take criticism and a good joke. I think she will do very well.
 
Laganja Estranja
 
This is Alyssa' Edward's drag daughter, and is another front runner. Everything seems about her! She is one of the most fierce dancers I have seen, but I don't like her personality, and I don't know if her performing will take her to the end, or how her runway will do, and she needs to take the manic energy down a notch. Plus she is very new to the drag world.
 
Magnolia Crawford
 
My least favorite queen. She is a little bit funny, but way other funnier queen this season, and what's with the odd nose contour???? Not a fan, and will be one of the first two gone. Just too bland.
 
Milk
 
If you don't know who Milk is you need to go You Tube that shit! She is part of the very funny campy Diary Queens troupe. She is FABULOUS and I'm sure will be the underdog of the season, and already a fan favorite. She is so cool, has humor, very camp, very glamour and has a comedic side, everything I look for in a drag queen. She will not do the fishy thing. I don't know if Ru will buy what's she selling. It breaks my heart, but I don't think she will win, but will do well. Another good looking guy out of drag!
 
Trinity K Bonnet
 
A FILLER QUEEN! if you ask me. She does nothing for me, a bore, dull and reminds me of Tyra Sanchez when she talks, which makes one sound like she doesn't want to be there. Major snooze. Plus anyone with the K for Kardashian is nuts!!!
 
Vivacious
 
A lot of people online are already in love with her. She is not new to the drag seen, and will bring a Paris is Burning feel to the show, as that was her thing!!! She seems like a big personality, with a gender bender style and seems cool. And don't expect a high glamour from her, as she borders a more Leigh Bowery feel. I think she could be the wild card this season and her lip syncs are un-believable!
 
SOOOOOO. Here is what I think will go down.... from first gone to the winner...
 
14- Magnolia Crawford, 13- Vivacious, 12-Joslyn Fox 11-Gia Gunn 10-April Carrion 9-Laganja Estranja 8-Darienne Lake 7-Trinity K Bonnet  6- Adore Delano 5-Kelly Mantle  4-Milk  3-Courtney Act 2-BenDeLa Crème Winner-Bianca Del Rio 
 
 
What do you think?
 

39 comments:

  1. I have a weird idea of Milk, like I kinda like her but at the same time I really don't, she's just so polarizing. I think either Kelly or Courtney will win! Very nice post thought, they really are all great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for actually doing research before making predictions! I've watched a few "prediction" videos and they are all based on standard opinions of beauty…. someone actually predicted Gia Gunn would win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, If Gia Gunn would win, I'd be very shocked!

      Delete
  3. Looks like it's going to be a good season! Will be interesting to see how your list goes.

    My top three are Courtney, milk and adore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bianca out of drag is adorable! As is Joslyn. I am really feeling Courtney or Kelly for the Win also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore for me by these pictures :) She was really sarcastic on AI, and I loooved it I. also like Milk and Courtney :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I was the only one who is not a fan of Laganja, I saw some videos of her performing and meat her a couple times....no. . But I LOVE Bianca/Kelly/Milk/Darienne. Darienne is a real sweet heart and glad she made it on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great guide to the season!!!! Having met of performed with a lot here, it's going to be a real tough season. No way will Ben DelaCreme make top 3. Maybe Ms Congeniality. Kelly, Courtney, Bianca top three for me. Will you be doing a recap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment!!!! With my work schedule, commute and social going ons, I just don't have the time to do a recap on top of other things of interest I post on. I may do a little snippet of thought here and there though. And you could be right..... Ben is very Jinkx quirky, maybe to close to Jinkx's win.

      Delete
  8. Nice post! Yes. I love Milk too. She stands out for some reason just like Jinkx last time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with the order you have except I think Adore will go out pretty early because she is a singer and a relatively new drag queen. The challenges are mostly comedy and acting and they will be again, I predict she is out well before the singing challenges. Darienne, Courtney, Bianca and a few others could roast RU professionally right now with ease. Sadly Adore is filler that is why they added Darienne and Laganga from fan favs as well. She should and could have waited a couple more years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that you give them all positive beautiful photos.

    hmmm..... not bad.. however I do so hope ben makes it to top three, but I love your picks as well!!! All the ladies seem to be very interesting, season 6 is going to be such a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having never seen any of them ,I like your view point! all the way down to the last queen. I will be watching for sure, for I never get to any drag shows.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are so looking forward to the upcoming season. Enjoyed your run thru. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so hard to judge with each being so strong in certain areas. But I do think you right about the first four gone. I d be surprised if any of them make it long. Overall, everybody here really does bring something to the table.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wasn't ready to move on from the previous post yet! But Bianca for the win.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The only one I know is Kelly Mantle, and I can't wait to see how well she does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something is seriously wrong with this show if Kelly is gone already. With her background this makes no sense.

      Delete
  16. I am so ready to get my Ru going!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love the look of April Carrion, so I can't wait to see how she does.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i do absolutely no homework prior to the show starting;
    i watch no teasers. THIS is the first thing i've read.

    i like it all to just wash over me like high tide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That our high roller.....she throws the chips and see where they land.

      Delete
  19. The only thing I have to say is get this production rolling, it seems like forever already.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You underestimate April Carrion so much ! Adore is great but girl you can't sew ! April has it all in my opinion but will slightly fall short in the comedy challenges ! :) Milk for the win though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bianca will KILL in the snatch game or the RuPaul roast if they do it this season. Bianca all the way for my hometown girl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like your review..I believe my top 5 is courtney (of course) bianca, kelly,darienne and milk

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love and adore Ben de la Crème . Such great style, and is a real sweet person. In some ways he is a carbon copy of Jinkx so for that reason alone I don't think he'll win, since Jinkx took it last year. We already crowned two glamouazons, a fishy queen, a goth queen with a new style and a vintage comedy queen. So Ru will be looking for something new.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the Paris is Burning references for Vivacious. I was thinking the same thing and it made me re-watch PIB on Netflix ;) And just because...Dan is a very handsome man! And Joslyn has the potential but it's too soon with this batch of divas, but your right, he is very adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Forgive me, I didn't read through the previous comments. I watched the sneak peak and know the twist to the season as well as the first bottom two....and I am disappointed that the judges seem to once again be going for youth and fishiness over experience and camp to a degree.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I gave up on this show when Raja won while I love drag queens and RuPaul, the show was getting to much like real women or fishy as you say. With exception of Sharon and jinkx the winners and too many seem more trans to me. Is a true drag queen suppose to be huge, over the top and campy? This is more Miss Gay US of A crap to me.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the post. I was shocked to see Kelly go. Here's my thing. Kelly, Bianca and Courtney are nothing more the filler since they are already huge and accomplished in the drag world. There on not to win but grab ratings and suck the viewers in. Just like detox , mimi imfurst and willam. Ru's show is the ONLY good show on Logo and gets ratings. Other wise what is on the network? It sucks. Re runs of old shows? It a sorry network and a shame RuPaul is on it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have to say I didn't care for the split entrance of two groups they did. I have been sort of disappointed in RuPaul lately having so many fishy queens. I feel drag is meant to be campy and a exaggeration of women not this fishy crap. Ru must have forgotten the likes of Leigh bowery, Lahomma VanSant and the like. Too much fishy.........and well known. Give the unknown a chance on the show like the Joslyn Fox's, Tatiana's Victoria Porkchop's. There are three usually mixed in with too many established queens.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous3/27/2014

    Fierce is Fierce, may the best woman win. Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous4/17/2014

    To be honest the season repeat itself, the chosen one always look like she bout to scare sum1. Every season ive seen the african American is always sent home which there is not a lot being chosen to compete. On the last episode I felt like jozalyn should hve been in da bottom 2 and sent home but thats my opinion. Rupaul will not get any more of my rating until they start really judging

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous5/06/2014

    Hey there. The pic you posted of Trinity above is actually Layla Larue from TX, not Trinity K Bonet.

    https://www.facebook.com/layla.larue.3?fref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think that the top 3 will be Bianca, Magnolia and Adore...
    i think vivacious will be the first to go.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Anonymous3/19/2017

    Let's face it the top 3 are going to be Milk,Magnolia Crawford and April. this is how i thing it will go,
    14. Kelly Mantle 13. Bandalecreme 12. Bianca Del rio 11. Laganja Estranja 10. Trinity K. Bonet 9. Gia Gunn 8. Adore Delano 7.Darriene Lake 6. Vivacious 5. Courtney Act. 4. Joslyn Fox. TOP 3!!!!! 3.April Carrion 2. Magnolia Craford 1. MILK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!