Sunday, February 9, 2014

FIFTY SHADES OF GREY AT HOTEL MONACO

 
 
Being the modern guy that I am, it’s certainly fitting that hip and happening center city Philadelphia was the setting for my clandestine. When the Lad said he wanted to get together for a Valentine weekend get-together I attached a note to one of my many carrier pigeons and commanded it to fly to the Lad! 
 
 
My weekend look..... I have been into a lot of grey lately, it's my new black, and I got another chance to wear my Burberry Coat.....
 
 
And yes, did you ever see a queen with just one over night weekender bag???
 
 
 
And no need to drive, I hopped the regional rail just two blocks from the Casa to head in town.
 
 Friends asked why not just stay at the Casa? Well, for others readers my age , like my dear old friend Coco de Mere (She’s old), it brings back fond memories of when you had to leave your house to get laid.  For you youngsters, it's  a chance to escape the confines of four walls in the winter, and pitiful cold reality, and journey back to far more fabulous days, when one had hotel hook-ups!!! And not having seen the Lad for some time, I think I was a bit rough! But he had no complaints. So we both went in and booked a room at the lovely Hotel Monaco! Since we would be in the room most of the time for pillow talk, why not splurge!?!  This stylish hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Philadelphia’s vibrant historic district on a prime corner.... just one block from the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall, it’s also within walking distance to some of Philly’s best restaurants. The Hotel Monaco is one that was full of character and sass, much to my liking- whimsical touches finished our room with a beautiful Alice in Wonderland hard copy, plucky gold and blue geometric wallpaper, mirror-studded side tables, a lacquer-red TV console. The bathroom? GORGEOUS!!!!! We enjoyed a nice bath in there!
 
 
How cute is this chair with the weiner dog???
 
 
 
And these playful details are sprinkled throughout hotel.
 
 
 
And yes, that is a collections of all sorts of brushes hanging behind the front desk....I wondered if they expect a lot of drag queens to leave behind there tools?!?
 
 
 
The roof has a gorgeous boutique bar- with a 20-foot long fireplace and two gorgeous reading rooms anchoring both ends of the roof. The rooftop bar & lounge turns into quite the scene on weekends, even tauting a velvet rope.
 
 
 
 Not to worry if a crowded bar isn’t your bag.....the lobby is the place to be at wine-o-clock, a 5pm daily tradition!!! I'm ready to move in I tell you!!! Since we never left the room Friday or most of Saturday...blushing... I thought Saturday night we should get out- we spent the evening taking a calm stroll around the parks, enjoying the sites and sounds of the city in winter, before having a eight few libations at Tabu Lounge and some pump and grinding at Voyeur.     We had a delicious dinner from Red Owl Tavern, the hotel’s in-house restaurant before heading out.
 
 
 It was a truly sordid, but nice weekend followed by a brunch today. Since I didn't have the drive that meant endless Mimosa's!!!It was a great change of pace from our otherwise routine weekend schedules, in all this winter mess. I would highly recommend this place if your in this part of the world. As the Lad and I embraced in our sweet victory, and our good bye, I heard him whisper into my ear:“I have a confession, M. I’ve always been very fond of you and I hate to leave." Flattered,I gently pushed him away. “You’re sweet, we will see each other soon” I replied. I playfully kissed him and squeezed his crotch. “See you around, kid.”  And I put him on his train and strolled out the revolving doors of the station. I'm home now,,, with more snow currently falling.
 

33 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a great time. The place looks marvelous, and I love the wiener dog chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! FABU hotel; look at those art deco touches!

    and that's the first time I've seen your face; I am impressed!

    if it doesn't stop snowing, we will run out of gin for our meeting whenever. I hate this shit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey, I'll be dehydrated by time we meet...look out!

      Delete
  3. Carrier pigeons? Well you are almost up with the times, but I love that kind of perfect touch!!!! The Monaco is currently all the rage here in Philly, that is quite the place for a swank roll in the hay! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I love to be unconventional and use a personal touch.

      Delete
  4. WOW, you go Christian Grey!!! Were you to two trying to re-create the novel??? yes... you indeed lead the life. Can I come live with you?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LoVE the room, how cool! The pig in me though would have loved to been a fly on the wall ;> Now lets loosen up those clothes.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a absolute chic and sexy weekend!!!!! William and I will have , no- must check in to this place sometime, were due for a weekend in town. Nothing like a local trip away for a winter doldrums break. The coat is so handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fabulously luxurious, Mistress! It's so glorious. Love all the colors! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would think I had died and gone to heaven. What a beautiful place to call HOME away from home. And how great you look, you got some style Mister.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHAT?!?! YOU ARE STAYING IN ALL OF THIS LUXURY!??! oh, lucky you. i am a little jealous! WOW. and wouldn't it be fun to review hotels? Sounds like you guys had a good time, on a bed that no doubt didn't need coins to vibrate!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the walls are a rockin don't come a knockin!

      Delete
  10. what an amazing place! what better way to spend a winter weekend knocking ankles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, you youngsters, so much life!! Beautiful! Sounds like your weekend went very well indeed...love that you are took us with you. That place is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  12. My kind of hotel--we've stayed at a place in Savannah that looks much like this, with the rooftop bar.
    And why stay home when you have room service and maids and everything else right at your fingertips!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "I playfully kissed him and squeezed his crotch" After the whole weekend of sex you do that and send him home with a new case of blue balls? You cock tease you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All that and no pillow fights?

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, what a glamorous escape. Sounds like a romantic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The perfect getaway weekend! And yet so close to home. Glad you and The Lad enjoyed yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous hotel. Looks like heaven. They'd have to cart me out of there. We so need a trip to Philadelphia. Looking good too I may add.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have me all a-flutter with that last paragraph. Magic, indeed! And that room and bathroom.........

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, now that's a nice weekend in all this cold weather. I can only imagine the Fifty Shades of Grey that went on. That place was a great choice

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, you're like a queen! When you woke up yesterday morning in that gorgeous room, after doing what rabbits do, I was busy sorting out my household refuse by 8:30am.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous2/10/2014

    What a fabulously glamorous hotel, no doubt a good time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like your scarf; I think I'll look for something similar to add to the Wildbush Trail Guide attire.

    The hotel is beautiful, rich with character. Your photographs and cheerful description of your weekend make it most inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is from a store in Soho called Top Shop.

      Delete
  23. I so need a weekend like that! So which one was tied up and down?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't hog tied if that's want you wanted to know.

      Delete
  24. What a nice time that sounds like and that room and hotel looks so cozy and lovely! You always manage a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You sure do know how to enjoy life and I had a idea you were cute but damn!!!! handsome !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch the sweet talk Mistress, he is just trying to get in those jeans!

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!