Tuesday, December 20, 2016

SEEN AT CITY HALL-GRINCH ALIVE AND WELL

When I was downtown recently in Philadelphia to see the wonderful Well Strung String Quartet, I wandered down to City Hall to take in the festive feeling and watch the ice skaters, before meeting up with the Engineer. Low and behold.....I came face to face with the Grinch!!!

A very amazing street performer if ever I saw. He stood still for some time, mannequin like, and then would all of a sudden animate and regale lines from the cartoon. We was raking in the tips I tell you. And the kids loved it. Although, I must say, he didn't smell all that bad! I could have sworn he was wearing Aqua di Gio. And the moss green pants looked awfully familiar. I sure hope I didn't hook up with the Grinch once.

22 comments:

  1. My Gawd! At first glance I thought that was a photo of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like Rik Mayall (RIP)... Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! He does. Now I'll have to flail madly through the crappy TV channels looking for Bottom!

      Delete
    2. look no further.....the mistress is here.

      Delete
  3. At first I thought we were talking about someone orange and salty. Glad to see it's only the Dr. Seuss version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That would have been something to see. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg!!!! O have seen him on my lunch break! He looks as good as Jim Carey did in the Grinch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pants look familiar? If you slept with the Grinch, I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He could hypnotize a rabbit with a stare like that. Maybe that's how he seduced you, Mistress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I was slipped a mickey myself.

      Delete
  8. Hahahahahaha, the Grinch who stole your . . . virginity? virtue? heart? I can't seem to come up with a good ending for this comment. Help me out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. boy your funny. you mention the mistress and virgin in the same sentence.

      Delete
  9. I didn't know trump was in town?

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL...does that make you Cindy Lou Who?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my... I wonder if the Grinch might be quite willing and unusually accommodating to be done? One can only ask...

    All I've missed in being away for a couple days. But, I have played catch-up. So many hugs for this Winter Solstice...which begins our journey to warm weather and fewer clothes (thank goodness). Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your lucky if the mistress isn't swinging free all year.

      Delete
  12. I misread "Well Strung" as "Well Hung."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that is fun. Did he try to take your balls when he was done?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!