Sunday, December 18, 2016

A SCARLETT CHRISTMAS AT THE CASA


What can a say about all these years of doing my tree and accents for the holidays as my primary color in red. We go together like, Laurel and Hardy, like Lucy and Ethel, like Taylor and any of her eight husbands, like gin and tonic dare I say. Red isn't even my favorite color, but for some reason, years ago, I took a real liking to all red.  Granted I gotten everything over the years from chic, elegant, it's out of the box, it's calming, to "it's very American Horror Story", to 'doesn't the red make you angry" to "do I have a love for the Red Light District?" Well, I did feel quite at home on my trip to Amsterdam, what can I say? This time of year also raises questions in the neighborhood as to what's going on with the red glow pouring from the windows. The wives hold on to their husbands even more so. Hell, two nights unexpected guest showed up and I even made a few extra, unexpected bucks. Ah what the hell , it's not like I could sleep.

I  love to decorate for the holidays, and use mostly fresh pine and tons of candles. And of course I love filling the jars, bowls and compotes with glass balls, vintage and new. The only problem yet again, was the lights. How does one managed to put them away neat, and they come out a tangled mess, hence above? I put them away neat, I've done this and that. There's no pleasing them. Well enjoy the tour.

The parlor..... I love the reflection in the mirrors.
I could watch this Christmas pyramid spin all night.
This may look simple, but they all have a meaning. The star was handmade from a guy in the Harrisburg area from repurposed sheet tin. The ginger jar was my grandmothers, and the red vase was a gift from my dearly departed friend, Andromeda Strain, who's father was related to the Eisenhower's. The vase was actually from the Eisenhower farm they once had outside Gettysburg.
 The kitchen.......where the hooch is stored.
Grandmothers bottle brushes and deer figurine.......
In the loo.........These blue Shiny Brights are very old.
Yes....even in the boudoir. Even Buck gets the Christmas treatment!!!
The vintage tree topper was a gift from the Dame this year. Don't mind my cigar box.
 I also love pinecones for the winter treatment and they seem to be at home this season in a old vintage hat box from a milliner that was in Harrisburg years ago.
And finally these little ruby antique vases I found on a day of antiquing with the Dame years ago, and they make the perfect touch for candleholders, no?
Who says just because your in a bungalow size apartment, you have to sacrifice style and decking the halls? This place is so my haven from the rest of the world....thank you for joining me.
💋

47 comments:

  1. Very beautiful!!!! If anyone can pull the red light off, its you! Since marrying William who's Jewish, I don't decorate much, but I love the fresh pine with balls. I usually do a little something in our sunroom. You have given me ideas. Very lovely. Your place is very warm and welcoming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so calm and pretty. And the feel of nostalgia. My favorite id Buck. How does one not love a deer decked for the holidays?

    ReplyDelete
  3. exquisite taste, dear. I see you are well hung with lights...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guessed you might be hung! [With baubles and fairy lights, of course.]

    Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. guessed? Have you seen him in a square cut. good lord.

      Delete
    2. And the f fairies' are usually a moth to the flame around my light bulb.

      Delete
    3. you should see his balls drop on new years eve.

      Delete
  5. Very festive!!! Can I help you get untangled out of those lights? I love that you post a tangled pic every year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the all red! I still do the white and want to change but every year I say I'll change the lights, I don't. I love all your touches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love the red. And your balls look so sparlking everywhere. The holidays would not be the same without you! 🎄🎇🎄

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your taste and warm home, and wish I could be there with you in that comfy setting. With my hands I didn't do much decorating this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely setting... Love pretty Christmas decorations. So warm and welcoming with the red. I'm loving the huge candelabra on your coffee table. The little bedroom tree is sweet and demure like you no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charming home. You may have got me into the spirit of the holiday finally. You have inspired me with your balls and boughs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad my balls and boughs have inspired......

      Delete
  11. So enjoyed the tour! Blessings on you and yours and a safe and happy new year. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love your decoration pictures. When I get my own place soon, I'm finally going to break down and do something for once.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your place is always so spectacular, Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!!! Festive and so much gorgeousness! The red suits you just fine! Now can you come help me?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  15. American Horror Story 7- Mistress Borghese's Bordello

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a talented guy! You have the touch that's for sure. Loving the red, christmasy but not to traditional. Have you ever been tied up with the Christmas lights????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHy do you ask? do the light burns show?

      Delete
  17. You could easily start another blog on decorating. Your space is just beautiful, I love the mix of your things, and the touches of Christmas. I took the pine branches and did balls on them since I don't have the room for a tree. Thank you for that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your place never disappoints. Your sure did stretch those balls of yours...they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Red definitely becomes you. I LOVE all the photos! It's impossible to choose favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your sense of humor really comes through with the deer head. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm loving the bottle brush trees and deer figurine under the belk jay. Everything is so pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Merry Christmas, may the stocking not be the only thing hung around your casa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you been talking to Anne Marie????

      Delete
  23. Gorgeous, though I'd expect nothing else from you.
    I am confused, though, because I thought the Hooch Cabinet would be more prominently displayed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to keep it out of the way....otherwise the boys and guest like Anne Marie drunk me dry.

      Delete
  24. What a wonderfully warm home!!!! I love the pinecones in the hat box. Can I spend Christmas in your home. It will be no different than living on Amsterdam. Enjoyed this post very much

    ReplyDelete
  25. I missed some wonderful posts...but, I caught up. A beautiful home you have - truly. Hope you had a most wonderful weekend. Now, bring that red-lighted guy in the top picture to me...that carefully placed bulb right at the perfect spot on the bulge... and oh, my! I am NOW in the Christmas spirit!
    Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I can rely on you to adjust the bulb?

      Delete
    2. Oh, most certainly! Moving it slightly out of the way...then I think there might be an opening of the package, things there appear to need a bit of adjusting as well. And I could make them feel much, much better!

      Delete
  26. What an absolute festive home. For an apartment it is quite homey. We love all the pines and the deer head adds the perfect touch of whimsy. Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your little bungalow (apartment) looks beautiful. I love the stories and memories attached to everything. Heartwarming!

    ReplyDelete
  28. THANK YOU ALL for such warm and kind comments! I love to share things if any ideas arise out of them.💋💋💋

    ReplyDelete
  29. The one thing I love about your place is the mix of things and how you arrange them in groupings. I too love the red.....it's so you and fits.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love all the red.....and I love the pressed tin star. Bet that looks when its lit. The tree is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your decorations are always an inspiration! Beautiful!

    I have a question about your booze cupboard, though: It doesn't look big enough. Does the back open out into a space the size of Narnia to store all your gin?

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the shot of the tree and all the candles and sparkly vases next to it. Everything is lit there including you.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I truly love your decomarations!

    ReplyDelete
  34. just how many times so has balls been mentioned here today.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I always enjoy seeing your home. You always do a nice job and handle and place the balls just so.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!