Saturday, December 31, 2016

RINGING IN THE NEW YEAR

Well, here we are again, at the end of another year, and I have only high hopes for next year, and hope we all come through with the state of things. As social, and as much as I love attending parties, New Years Eve is always my time to opt to have a small intimate dinner party for a few very good friends. I usually prepare, what I should be doing now mind you, a platter for all kinds of italian sliced meats and cheeses, various nuts, olives, figs and chilled shrimp, followed by a fillet mignon and crab cake dinner. With accompanying libations all evening. And we will watch balls drop. I mean, watch the ball drop. The delivery has already made....
 Some of my hints for the night....
I usually make the guest dress up, but tonight, have added masks for them!!! I've always wanted to do a mask or wig party! Then on New Years Day, when I get back my facility's, I cook a pork and sauerkraut dinner with all the fixin's and we watch the Mummers Parade here in Philadelphia. The only thing that will be missing is Dagny from San Francisco, who was to attend, but had some changes in plans and will visit in the later winter. Probably a good thing....there's not enough bubbly for the two of us, let alone guest!!! We always end up in a compromising position...... 

The house boys weren't happy.

But while reading some blogs today, I stopped by Mistress MJ's blog the Infomaniac, where I was reminded by our recently deceased, dear gigastar of fashion and life,  Kabuki Zero who was a swell person and  fabulous fashionista,  who was quite something. And ever entertaining. Poor Kabuki passed away over the Christmas holiday, but Kabuki will always be here with us....in some form. But dear Kabuki reminded me as bad as a year can get, there are always bright spots. This year came and went, but for me wasn't all bad.  Here are some things I found great pleasure in.

Running nude in the woods,  my Calvin's.  G&T's, my Trump dart board, jet skiing (even though I can't swim a lick),watching my BBC old comedies, spa dates,lounging with Buster, sleeping in my huge wrought iron canopy bed and pretending I'm Jean Harlow, feeling the sand beneath my feet, hearing the ocean, unwrapping the sparkling Christmas balls, watching the bird arboretum out the window, sport nookie with the Lad, and I always enjoy a passionate kiss from a man. And next year I already have some things to look forward to like a surprise river cruise trip from Warbucks,  and a trip to Buenos Aires, which I have been 
salving for, for some time.And I won't make the same mistakes Eva Peron made. And just the other day, dear old Lady Bunny emailed and announced she is coming to New Hope. That should be a royal mess. So dear Kabuki has taught me, even thought the world may be harsh, it's the small earthly delights that make me happy. And maybe next year will find the Mistress settling with just one man.


Wellllllll, lets not talk crazy just yet.

A Happy New Year to you all!!!!!!
🎈🎉✨💋🍸

52 comments:

  1. I've seen more balls drop than a Selma Street hustler, but that's beside the point.
    Your New Years Eve sounds absolutely perfect. I've always preferred small, intimate gatherings to ring in the new year.

    Have a fabulous time and a fantastic new year!!!

    Kisses at midnight XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://stickycrows.blogspot.com/2016/12/serges-50th-birthday-south-america.html - this blogger was just down in buenos aires.

    HNY, dear maddie! I'mma crash your dinner party and we can get drunk and swing from the ceiling together! hope we get to see each other in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You distract.....I'll sneak in the back door.....

      Delete
    2. I should have auctioned off my invite when I realized that I wasn't going to be able to attend.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous12/31/2016

    A masked New Year's affair sounds lovely. We are spending a quiet night in. Hope you catch many balls when they drop tonight. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be swinging by a chandelier indeed!!!! Happy New Year and thank you for a lovely, good advice post. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a WONDERful 2017 and
    HAPPY New Year Everyone!!! I love Kabuki's advice...there is much to be happy for in small things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful and happy New Year too!!! Love Kabuki's advice, and I am eager to welcome the new Year!!! Your evening sounds wonderful to me.

    See you in 2017!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "platter for all kinds of italian sliced meats and cheeses, various nuts, olives, figs and chilled shrimp" are some of us the various nuts? hny mistress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If memory serves correctly, isn't that just your nightly delivery for you and Dagny? I worry if you go to Buenos Aires we may need see you again! Happy New Year , you handsome thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's for the pre-party. Our usual shipment is by the tanker truck.

      Delete
    2. TRUCKS, dahling, TRUCKS!

      Delete
    3. Anne Marie, why yes, it is plural for special occasions. If it's just an average night like a Wednesday in the middle of summer, one truck will do.

      Cali Boi, when Maddie goes to Buenos Aires, I'm going too. We've discussed it for years. You might want to start a fund for our bail money.

      Delete
  9. You are exciting Mistress, and your blog is informative and artistic, it's my escape from the news and politics. Your evening sounds marvelous and delicious! I wish you a very happy new year, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That gif for you couldn't be more perfect!!!! One man is not enough for the Mistress. I will miss your festivities this year while with family, but I send you a grope and kiss. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. kabuki's spirit swings from our chandeliers.

    Here's to more simple pleasures in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year my friend! May the new year be brighter and more adventurous. With you, is that even possible? I too am loving the mask edition for the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Trump dart board? No wonder you beat me at darts least time. See you shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad me met this year finally. You were everything I thought you'd be like, including some Jo Anne Worley. I love your mix of New Years accouterments there.....bound to be a festive dinner. Happy New Year Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New year, MM, and cheers to a fabulous 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous post, darling! Who doesn't like swinging from the chandelier? But will you and guest be able to drink all that champagne?

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be able to drink it all? I'm not sure if that's enough.

      Delete
    2. please, that shipment is a warm up for you two.

      Delete
    3. Anitia, see my comment further up. I said this was the shipment for the pre-party.

      Delete
  17. How many times you made me excited having you here and feeling you closer on the same archipelago. Thank you for sharing stories and photos. I have been drawn to your blog since day one. Enjoy you New Years Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Balls drop? I'll be there shortly......Happy New Year cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wishing everyone all the best!
    ~Cheers everyone!! Now let's get this party started!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear...with Trump as President, we may be all drunk swinging from chandeliers next year. But I'll hold my head high and drunk more. Happy New Year baby

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'll be wearing my mask tonight. And when are we going to Buenos Aires? We so need to sing from a balcony.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A mask and wig party! How chic! I wish you all the best in the New Year. And yes...simple pleasure are the best aren't they? I mean who doesn't pretend their Jean Harlow in bed? Happiest of New Years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I still can't believe the year is almost over with! I'm ready for 2017 though. And to more of your antics!

    I love this post... So fun... and good advice to all. Happy New Years!!!! But you settle with one man??????

    ReplyDelete
  24. HAPPY 2017 Mistress! Cant wait to see more of your entertaining posts in the next year - I love it so!
    xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. A blessed New Year, darling, full of great things for you and all!!! Will we get to see you in a mask???

    Much Love-
    Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ready or not indeed!
    But hey at least I'm ready :)
    2016 has been a bitch slap! Have a great evening and a Happy New Year. Have loved your musings and the queens.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy New Year! One man?!?!?! lets not talk crazy...how much have you drank already?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ring for Happy Hour? How cute is that bell!?! But around there, it must be ringing constantly? Happy New Year Mistress Borghese🎆

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fillet Mignon and crab cakes!!!! My invite must have gotten lost. But Happy New year to you! Cheers to a wonderful year ahead. One man. LOLLOLOLOLLOLOLOOL

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy New Years Mistress. Let the hangovers commence

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sending you oooodles of delight and blissfulness {is that a word?}..for 2017 my sweet friend..AND oh I DO love the sound of your evening...now that is pure bliss!!!! I find more than one man keeps me young darling....stick to multiples.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Feeling the sand beneath my feet, and hearing the ocean are definitely two nice pleasures that makes me happy, but what kind of sex do you and the Lad have to call it sport nookie????? Hopng you having a wonderful evening

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy New Years Mistress. Hope your keeping the evening clean there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if by clean you mean licking bubbly from the torsos of the houseboyz...

      Delete
  35. Happy Happy New Year to you! Thank you for beautiful blog and thank you for the nice storis. May 2017 be filled with everything your heart desires! We finally meet when you come to Buenos Aires.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Happy New Year! Are you still clothed and both feet on the floor?

    ReplyDelete
  37. It's the little things that sometimes bring the most pleasure. Although, let's not say "no" to a whopper now and again!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Happy New Year! Keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  39. It sounds already like you're going to have a fabulous 2017! Enjoy watching the Mummers Parade today!

    ReplyDelete
  40. A very Happy New Year to you!!!! I hope you survived the night,lol

    ReplyDelete
  41. Happy New Year! We all deserve a better 2017 than last year.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!