Sunday, March 1, 2009

We are So Screwed



Yes dear friends, it was just Friday the Mistress posted about how beautiful it was here. A sunny day, a warm breeze and a temp of 64 degrees. The birds jumping around on the wind sill eating seed. I even thought I was getting a touch of the flu from the Boy-Toy who had it all last week. But I slept off and on yesterday and feel pretty good, only to find that bitch Mother Nature was indeed playing a under handed trick on us yet again. It is suppose to start snowing tonight and all day tomorrow with a snow fall, as of right now, 5-14" of the shit. Now don't get me wrong, anything between 5-14" isn't bad, unless it's snow, then forget it! Plus winds in excess of 40-50mph are also expected! Yippee. It will be a miracle if I don't get sick yet with all the temperature changes. Today was very mild and pretty sunny. The Boy-Toy and myself ventured out to have brunch with our friend at one of our favorite brunch haunts in New Hope- Karla's



Karla's is one of those places where everyone knows everybody. The brunch is priced pretty fairly and the food is always delish. And they have a very good one of these!



Our favorite bartender there makes a mean mind altering cock-a-tail. Today we par took of Mimosa's, but made with tangerines. I figured I haven't drank since our New York trip and the citrus juice would be good for my cold. Ok. Go with it bitches. Anywho, the Mistress is happy to report she felt wonderful when we left and quite full. Now we are just getting ready to watch tv for the night. And by some miracle hoping the damn storm passes. How was everybody else weekend?

4 comments:

  1. What a cute place! I totally have to try a tangerine mimosa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way that place looks and just know I'd like to go there. This weather is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weather sucks.
    Weather people suck....and not in a good way!

    I could use a Mimosa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy- I agree with you. This weather is just crazy. I do love winter, but I think I am ready for spring to arrive soon. Karla's is just a wonderful place to just chill out at for us. They also have live jass or classical musicians there from time to time or have readings also. Just a nice atomsphere!

    Bob-The only good thing about this is you get to stay all snuggled in bed ...for at least a little while!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!