Saturday, March 21, 2009

Starrbooty Comes to Mind

The first day of spring was yesterday, and it reminded me of how our dear departed cat Starrbooty used to enjoy being perched on a window sill in the spring and summer to catch a few rays. For those of you new to the life of the Mistress, poor little Starrbooty passed away six months ago already. You can read the post about how a got Starrbooty here. And as you all know she was a huge fan of David Dust! Starrbooty was the first cat I ever had. Up to that point I had always been a dog person. But now we here at the Borghese abode are thinking soon of getting another cat. I'm not sure yet if we are going to get a kitten or a older cat yet, but it may be nice to hear the purring again beside the purring being heard around here by the Mistress looking at all the hot men. And while we will enjoy a new cat, it is hard to think they will replace the diva Starrbooty was, at least I think. Are all cats diva's?



And here is the RuPaul song that inspired Starrbooty's name.

12 comments:

  1. All cats are definitley divas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was such a cute Kitty! The Roommate and I have been talking about getting another cat. Oscar needs something to keep him entertained.

    XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. The labrador girls were born in a home with cats. We swear that Rosie tries to purr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was one gaw-geous cat.
    I, too, was a dog person when i was a kid, but then cats found me, and I realized I am more cat-like than dog-like.
    Now we have the three felines and the one canine, and it's a fairly happy bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. not all kitties are divas... usually the female cats are, well, very feminine and come w/ a load of attitude, but mine kitties fly in the face of that theory. my boy cat is a diva bitch w/ lots of attitude and even more to say, whereas ms. ginger is chill, relaxed, and easy-going. that said, i am sure you'll know the right cat (and he/she will know you) on sight. :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3/21/2009

    Since the RuPaul song is fabulous, I 'm thinking Starrbooty was a bit of a diva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3/21/2009

    What a beautiful cat. You should get another if for no other reason because of the antics they perform not to mention their attitude.

    PS. I'm enjoying Barcelona ALOT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kayce- you have a gay diva cat!

    Frogponder- thats funny. Maybe they think they are cats. I know some cats who think they are dogs!

    Bob- you do have one cute household there! Not to mention your hand full!

    Mamie- we will go together and get sibling cats so we will all be family!lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3/21/2009

    Miss Starrbooty was a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3/21/2009

    I think you guys should get yourself some pussy. You get better with each one! LOL! Starrbooty was a pretty cat. Elegant like the Mistress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3/22/2009

    A beautiful kitty indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!