Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Has Sprung....I Think


Today is the first day of spring. The Mistress got up and readied herself for a half day of work, got her java and looked out the window and it was sunny, but what's this? Snowing? OH HELL NO! As I got outside, the temperature was cooler than excepted. When I was inside it looked warmer because of the sunny skies I guess. But when I got outside I could have cut some glass with these suckers! I mean, all week it was warm and beautiful and then this. Thank-God it only lasted for a half an hour and then it stopped. I guess Mother Nature was just pulling a little ha-ha for shits and giggles because she could. The rest of the weekend is suppose to be nice. I have always enjoyed spring the most because it feels like a time for renewal. Clean out and get organized. All the trees bloom and I can have fresh flowers all over again. I usually have flowers in the kitchen ,but when spring comes I like to have fresh ones in all the rooms. On my way home today I stopped at the market and picked out a few stems to arrange.





Flowers always put people in a better mood a think. While at the market I also picked up some crab meat to make Deviled Crab for our dinner tonight, with some steamed asparagus. The rest of the weekend I'm hoping I will get to Philly to window shop and hang out, possibly visit some of the girls at the happy hour and maybe even find a new Easter bonnet to wear this year! Of course, with the warmer weather that also means the boys will be feeling randy and will be out in droves at all the clubs. And it will kill me if I see them out with jeans on with flip flops already, with it still being a bit nippy out! Don't get me wrong now y'all, I love the look of jeans and flip flops, hell I wear this look myself. But let's not rush the season. Or white jeans. Now I understand white jeans are the trend for spring, but I'm old school trained, no white pants till Memorial Day! Anywho,I forgot where I was going with this. Damn afternoon gin and tonic! Anywho, the Mistress is just glad spring is here and we can get outdoors again but mostly because the hunky lawn boys will also be back to tend to the grounds. And I'll be perched from my picture window soaking up the views! Any big plans for your weekend?

5 comments:

  1. Got home and found puddles of water and drifts of hair in the bathroom. Gorilla Boy had shaved his head and gotten rid of the full beard. It gets warm out the hair comes off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/20/2009

    What beautiful flowers! I need to go get me some but I don't know how to arrange them so nice. This is strange weather I'll say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIRL -

    What did I tell you about "Blogging-While-Cocktailing". Again ... I strongly advise against it. :)

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love flowers- but lately have been savoring them as they burst forth into blossoms on the branches that line my runs... I have a secret desire to go to Japantown and study Ikibana - my fave haunt ever is the wholesale flower market in SF. Which explains how I came to do all my own bouquets, table arrangements, and floral decorations for my wedding...

    In another life- I will be a stylist of all things beautiful... flowers, clothes, hair, make up, homes....

    This weekend- packing and ridding myself of roughly 3/4 of all I own; making rainbow cupcakes; and running many miles and hitting the yoga studio if my knee will start to bend again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zombie mom- This is why I get bushed when in drag- there's the clothes, hair, make-up and I use real flowers in the wig......

    Mamie- I couldn't help it. It was a long week! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!