Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ugly Betty



Did you see Ugly Betty last week! I just love this show. This week they introduced yet another favorite actress of the Mistress's. The Tony and Emmy winner Christine Branaski. I love this woman.



And the week before was the very handsome and hot Cheyenne Jackson who was on the show playing a gay single dad who may start dating the character of the zany Mark.



If you know the Mistress really well you'll know the real reason I watch this show. Vanessa Williams. Talented. Stunning. Enough said.





Ugly Betty for those who don't watch is roughly the story of Betty Suarez who lives in Queens, New York and is sorely lacking fashion sense and aesthetic polish. Betty got hired to a fashion magazine titled Mode, where she is a top assistant to the top brass owner ,Daniel Meade, played by yet another hottie, Eric Mabius. The show follows her story as she balances her work, home life, and romantic life surrounded by a cast of characters and problems du jour. It also has a wonderful cast of talent and all the characters seem to interact very well together where on some shows they don't. Every character has a purpose and you can't help but like them all. The show is very well written. Visually stunning with vivid colors, beautiful sets, and some of the best dressed characters on television. And this season the story lines have gotten really good and touching. I swear the last three shows I got a little teary eyed. Like the episode where Daniel surprised his mother with a special dinner for just the two of them. And Judith Light looks better than ever as Claire Meade.



Rounding out the family was the convincing Rebecca Romijn who played Alexis/Alex Meade. Y'all see Rebecca played a transsexual woman. She is Daniel's sister now but used to be his brother. As beautiful as Rebecca is I bought her as being a man once.



And how can you not love the modern day Lucy and Ethel of the show. Mark and Amanda are always in the center of a crisis and are both self absorbed,snobby and bullies ,but you still have to like them.



And finally Betty's sister, the beautiful and sassy mouthed Hilda Suarez played by fellow Philadelphian Ana Ortiz and Betty's cute as a button nephew Justin played by Mark Indelicato, who is one of the first young characters on the television who may appear to be gay.Love the show tune jigs he does!





How cute was the show where he befriend a obviously closeted straight kid and they formed a friendship. Or how about the heart wrenching scene where Hilda lost her ex husband when he got shot at the corner store. No, this is one hell of a show with all the emotions wrapped in one. All the characters on here can be good or evil at times, but isn't that like in real life? The Boy-Toy refused to watch the show when it started and after seeing it he is now hooked, but not like me. Everyone knows the world shuts down for the Mistress when this show is on!

11 comments:

  1. Love Vanessa.
    Love Cheyenne.
    Love Christine.
    It's like heaven up in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, sweetie, they have NEVER said on that show that Justin is gay, nor have they ever implied that he is gay. They only portray him as effemenate, show tune and momma loving, sensitive, and fashion-oriented. But they have NEVER said he is "gay". You are doing the same thing to him that the world did to me! Chicken or the egg?! Not sure, but give the kid a chance to decide for himself

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Christine Baranski. She steals everything she's in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss G- he sounds alot like me when I was young! Of course, my mother was not so smart mouthed as Hilda! But I still love my momma!

    Eric- Your right about Christine, she does steal whatever she is in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3/15/2009

    I love this show! I'm so glad ABC picked it up for another season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thrilled when I saw Christine Baranski would be on there! Wasn't she wonderful as always? You wrote perfect descriptions of the characters and the show! Love this post!

    I was glad Betty was more sedately dressed for the dinner with Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this show. It seems only natural that Christine Baranski would join this stellar cast. I first fell in love with Christine's work when I saw "The Ref."

    Oh, and Miss Ginger is so right. We all like to think of Justin being gay but it has never been explicitly said that he is gay. He just fits into a bunch of stereotypes. And aren't we as a people trying to move away from that? (Although I still think of Justin as a younger version of Mark.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kailyn- I totally forgot about the show where he and Mark connected. That was funny as hell. He does sort of remind you of a young Mark thought doesn't he.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3/15/2009

    I miss Rebecca's character already and hope they bring her back. When she frist came on I didn't think I would like her but I got attached. I hope ABC doesn't move the show around to much and end up losing viewers. Dirty Sexy Money was also a very good show, well written and a stellar cast. And I was shocked to see it got cancelled. I guess show don't have to have quality any more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Despite all the gaety of 'Ugly Betty', I have not been able to get into that show. I do love all the stars on that show though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen Ms. Williams live, and in person performing on stage. I'm completely in love with all that she does, she is amazing!!!
    As for Justine- er justin, honey he's already had his ticket punched his just waiting for his turn in line. did you get my email? for your address?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!