Monday, April 1, 2024

MOOD BOARD


A dark and rainy morning here today! I got up for coffee, and since I'm off today, I'm dragging my body back to bed! The dinner went off just lovely yesterday and my lamb roast turned out amazing! I'm taking some leftovers to my friend Vera Charles later. I dare say it was downright delicious, I had four slices I tell ya. I was amazed at the number of text and emails I got of Easter wishes. Many I know don't celebrate it or even have plans for the day anymore these days, and in years pass, don't recall getting many texts like that. While we all know the background and origin of Easter, I have never been a good practitioner of any religion or practice one, well except of that of the male pan flute!!! No, I have always enjoyed Easter. Fo me it's a time to sort of give thanks to nature, to enjoy nature, and give three cheers to spring and the longer daylight arriving, and also for a time of renewal. It's amazing, and never gets tired to see each spring, the color return to all the land, the new buds returning and everything coming back to life, even when you thought something wouldn't make it. It's truly shaping up to be one beautiful spring. Today's pictures were all taken this weekend out in the garden. Otherwise, a relaxing day. Four glasses if claret helped too.
Yes...the pansies are exploding like crazy already.

Have a great day kids.

29 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, Mads! I love it when pansies explode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the colors, Maddie. Glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful flowers! Enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A glorious display of colour; your peonies should be looking good soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The peonies run the whole length of the brick wall too. I added in a lot of new plants last year.

      Delete
  5. No wonder my sinuses are backed up right now. I do love the colors, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Easter is my least fave holiday. I love the bunnies, but you can keep all the rest. I appreciate all your blooms, dear. Fresh as spring... just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet your garden smells divine what with all those hyacinths!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your correct! I even have some on my bedside table! Smells so good to wake up too.

      Delete
  8. You are a flower child.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in a mood right now but the flowers and the colors are helping my stress level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad Bob! You and Six must have both needed it.

      Delete
  10. Love the flowers!!
    That's setting my mood for today, TBH.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a bluebird, too. Isn't nice to be special?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Bluebirds take a while to attract...but once you get them.....

      Delete
  12. I forgot about pussy willows

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favourite season! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you rested well, Tuesday is the new Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And for season it isn't as bad as Mondays.

      Delete
  15. I will enjoy your flowers as Spring is a bit wet and muddy where I am!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Scarlet. It is the same here now. Dark and rain are called for till Thursday. Get out the wellies....

      Delete
  16. calling our best friend among our legs "male pan flute" is genial & brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I have the feeling you play it beautifully.!

      Delete
  17. Absolutely beautiful. Always remember to look up! You can never be sad if you're looking up. X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous4/02/2024

    Tundra Bunny here....

    Lovely, stunning flowers, Maddie! I love pussy willows as they're a true harbinger of spring here on the prairies, along with wild crocuses. I scrolled through your post too fast the first time and misread the white caption card as "Enjoy the snow" and thought "that's not like Maddie to be so catty", LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. it doesn't surprise me the garden is so pretty you're such a good garden hoe.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!