Sunday, March 31, 2024

EASTER

 
For Easter, a collection of a few of my favorite poems.

"There are always flowers for those who want to see them."
-Henri Matisse

"Dawn and resurrection are synonymous. The reappearance of the light is the same as the survival of the soul."
-Victor Hugo

"To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow."
-Audrey Hepburn

" Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in the springtime."
- Martin Luther King Jr.

"Twas Easter-Sunday. The full blossomed trees and flowers filled all the air with fragrance and joy."
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
"A true friend is someone who thinks you're a good egg, even if you are indeed cracked."
- The Mistress Borghese?

Happy Easter, Happy Spring & Renewal
🐰🌸🐰

20 comments:

  1. Oh, I firmly believe you are a very good, cracked egg.
    Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your cracked alright. HOPPY Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cracked or not, you're alright in my book. A lovely post for this Easter Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3/31/2024

    Tundra Bunny here...

    And a Happy Easter to you too, Maddie! Did you not get my email?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it! I wasn't in my email much this weekend.

      Delete
  5. Wow! That mantle clock is Fabulous. Remember you waistline when you reach for the candy! And a Happy Easter to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very old and still working, antique!

      Delete
  6. Happy Easter!!!! Glorious post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspiring collection of poems. Hope your Easter was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Easter Mistress! For some reason, the lone chick cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Probably why we all flock to each other.

      Delete
  10. Most of us are a little cracked around the edges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And some, like The dump, are missing whole pieces!

      Delete
  11. I like the MM quote best; but then it takes a cracker to know another.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you had a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hoping you had a wonderful Easter, m'dear!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate way too much. I mean swimsuit season is coming after all.....

      Delete
  14. hope you had a marvellous happy Easter

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!